Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

look what I got today, 57/1,2 sample added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
imperian wrote:
Orio wrote:
I don't know how expensive or rare is the lens and if it's common or not.
But let's imagine it's a rare lens and quite expensive: I would surely buy it
and have a lab add a common mount such as M42 that can be adapted
to almost any camera.
Of course the lens will have to be collimated to infinity for the new mount.
If you do that, you might be able to fetch a good price from your friend,
due to missing mount, and after lab has added new mount, you can have
a precious lens that you can also resell easily because M42 would be much
more marketable than Konica bayonnette.

Any possibility to get an adapter to mount on 5D without modifying the bayonet? This lens looks awesome but I am looking over something that can easily adapt to my camera?

Then forget the Hexanon!...It has a relatively short registration distance of just 40.7mm but Canon EF is 44mm. 3.3mm is a hell of lot of material to remove from the back of a lens to allow it to reach infinity on the EF mount and besides the design of the lens may make that an impossible task anyway. Basically, unless you use some kind of optical adapter you could never reach infinity with it on the EF mount and in practice it could only be used for macro shots only.

Yes, DSG I agree with you.
Why my friend opened the mount? He wanted to converted in EF mount. But then he realized, that's almost impossible, or need really brutal cut. so he left it away.
My repairman said, This konica has very complicated design. most difficult to open & re assemble, that cost higher than other lenses.