Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi SMC 50/1.4 K-mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Asahi SMC 50/1.4 K-mount Reply with quote

Andreas (kuuan) has showed some wonderful photographs with the
Takumar S.M.C version of that lens.

source:
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/normal/K50f1.4.html
(check here also for lens design etc.)

see dozens of vore samples of this lens on my Flickr album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12447266@N05/sets/72157619690613800/show/

Here some samples with my K-mount version:

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, stunning set of images Tobias!!
Very artistic too, love the crazy shake, the fish and the shot in the woods!
since these issues just were discussed elsewhere in the forum the later also shows well controlled CA, the beautiful landscape photos that this lens not only is good for close focus, but that it also performs well at infinity.

yes, this lens should optically be identical to the S-M-C version I had presented, and to the SMC version, thank you for mentioning

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures! I like 10 and 12 most.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful samples! I like the color rendition from this lens (but the bokeh a little bit less Confused )....
#2 is my fav., so "poetique" shot....was it a studio shot??
I like also a lot the #5, perfect compo....I guess it was shoot in the Netherlands?.....

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your commenting!!

Quote:
#2 is my fav., so "poetique" shot....was it a studio shot??
I like also a lot the #5, perfect compo....I guess it was shoot in the Netherlands?

no not in the studio, nr.2 was shot outside at a grave yard.

yes, true ! Very Happy Nr. 5 is from the Netherlands, very typical isn't it ?
It was shot in Zelland near Goes ... Wilhelminadorp.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some wonderful pictures. I just love the night time shot. Beautiful green. I like them all very much.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ron ... Smile that's my own favourite too from this series.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post.

2. Reversed SMC Pentax K 50 1.4 on 36mm extension tube

3. details of the above image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrooksII wrote:
My first post.

2. Reversed SMC Pentax K 50 1.4 on 36mm extension tube

3. details of the above image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, beautiful images! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attilla! Been lurking here since last year. Acquired some manuals lenses because of this forum. (curse or blessings Laughing ) Surely I will post more of my shots.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrooksII wrote:
Thanks Attilla! Been lurking here since last year. Acquired some manuals lenses because of this forum. (curse or blessings Laughing ) Surely I will post more of my shots.

Beautiful photos, welcome to the world of manual madness! Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
jbrooksII wrote:

Thanks Gary! I think I'm heading in the LBA path... help! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrooksII wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
jbrooksII wrote:

Thanks Gary! I think I'm heading in the LBA path... help! Laughing

Don't panic!! You're in good hands here Very Happy Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that Pentax lenses were underrated. They really did pioneer with multi-coatings earlier than did Nikon or Canon, at least at first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as someone who likes Pentax lenses I have met outright hostility here and there, have been called fanboy and received astonishing personal attacks. I have developed my own theories as why this is so. I know of a few people who had enough of it and, already time ago, also had left this very forum.
Over the time people are learning though, hostility has almost vanished now, I guess more and more people have become more experienced posters and / or realize just how good many Pentax lenses really are.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
as someone who likes Pentax lenses I have met outright hostility here and there, have been called fanboy and received astonishing personal attacks. I have developed my own theories as why this is so. I know of a few people who had enough of it and, already time ago, also had left this very forum.
Over the time people are learning though, hostility has almost vanished now, I guess more and more people have become more experienced posters and / or realize just how good many Pentax lenses really are.

Hostility is usually borne out of ignorance and/or jealousy and no matter where you go there will ALWAYS be trolls. Pay no attention to them. They usually get either banned or ignored to the point that they lose interest and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right about the ignorance, more so even jealousy part. It seems that some people have a problem with the role Pentax played starting in the 50s until the mid 70s, if I may say when Japanese manufacturers gained over German ones, and express their denial through aggression. That is it wasn't just trolls showing up once in a while but some of the very 'big figures' or at least some who present themselves as such. The most prominent one, after he realized that he can't become the 'overguru' here all that easily as elsewhere, gratefully hardly shows up here any more Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
you are so right about the ignorance, more so even jealousy part. It seems that some people have a problem with the role Pentax played starting in the 50s until the mid 70s, if I may say when Japanese manufacturers gained over German ones, and express their denial through aggression. That is it wasn't just trolls showing up once in a while but some of the very 'big figures' or at least some who present themselves as such. The most prominent one, after he realized that he can't become the 'overguru' here all that easily as elsewhere, gratefully hardly shows up here any more Wink

Pentax found their niche and filled it well. They realized that they either could not or did not want to compete head to head with Nikon and Canon, who were both already very deeply entrenched in the professional market, as a true photographic system. But they carved out a profitable niche as an affordable alternative to the "big two' that still offered cameras and lenses of high quality. The Pentax LX was their most ambitious attempt to appeal to the serious amateur market and it did well. If you look at prices for used LX bodies on Fleabay, they do hold their value very well. Much better than the Canon A-1!