Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega-11U enlarger lens for macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Vega-11U enlarger lens for macro Reply with quote

I got one of these little gems today. Mint condition, small and cute as a range finder lens.

So, the results are stunning, wait and see. I just put a thread converter ring on the native M39 mount nad attached it to my Sony to M42 adapter. This gives a reproduction rate of roughly 1:2.
On 4cm macro tubes it is roughly 1:1 magnification.

Something happens when stopping down past f/4 on macro tubes. There is a brighter spot in the center, can it be a back reflection on the sensor? Without extra macro tubes this does not happen. Can this be avoided if it is mounted backwards?, perhaps the outer lens is better coated?

IQ:
-Very sharp
-Nice colors and contrast as long as the bright center blob is avoided
-Absolutely no trace of CA or PF.
-Very creamy and soft transition from focus to OOF areas.

Cute thing

Many blades in the iris

CA torture test shot from when I tested it before buying

Closeup with 1cm tube @ f/4

Macro with 4cm tube wide open

Now go out and buy one, they are very cheap.

Cheers
/T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, how would you compare its size and performance against the industar 50-2?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nice, how would you compare its size and performance against the industar 50-2?

I have no clue, I have never seen the Industar IRL.
This is tiny, you see the M42 thread in the image. So it is roughly 42 mm across and 45 mm long. The Industar is a pancake, right?
That one is tiny but has a focusing helicoil, which the Vega doesn't.
Anyway, it feels like a high end toy in the hands.

/T

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting... How cheap it is?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
interesting... How cheap it is?

They are always available on fBay for about $20-30 BIN.

JJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a gem, but not exactly 'little' -- at 190g, it's about twice the mass of the EL-Nikkor 50/2.8 (100g), Leitz Varob 50/3.5 (90g), even the big Komuranon-E 50/3.5 (110g). And it's much chunkier than the Industar-50/3.5 (60g) and I-50-2 (70g).

I got my Vega-11U on eBay for US$17 shipped a few months ago. Alas, I didn't bring it with me on my current long journey. (The 45 lenses I brought are more than enough!) I'll be back at my home base in a few weeks and will exercise it a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Yes, it is a gem, but not exactly 'little' -- at 190g, it's about twice the mass of the EL-Nikkor 50/2.8 (100g), Leitz Varob 50/3.5 (90g), even the big Komuranon-E 50/3.5 (110g). And it's much chunkier than the Industar-50/3.5 (60g) and I-50-2 (70g).

There are several different versions of the Vega-11U.
My late version from the 90-th is only 90 grams, so It's certainly in pair with the small ones you list.

/T