Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
UK camera / lens CLA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: UK camera / lens CLA Reply with quote

Miles H Whitehead Photographic Engineer Services
Miles H Whitehead Photographic Engineer
59 Barleycorn
Leybourne
West Malling
Kent
ME19 5PS
England

tel:-
web address:- www.MWCamerarepairs.co.uk/
e-mail:- MWCamerarepairs@aol.com

(thanks member Excalibur!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this sticky. I`ve used Miles twice now, once for my 85mm 1.8 RE Auto Topcor which I was loathe to send abroad, it had stiff focus and some fungus and he did a superb job. The other was a hazy Summaron 35mm 3.5. Quick turnaround on both.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
Thanks for this sticky. I`ve used Miles twice now, once for my 85mm 1.8 RE Auto Topcor which I was loathe to send abroad, it had stiff focus and some fungus and he did a superb job. The other was a hazy Summaron 35mm 3.5. Quick turnaround on both.

Great to hear it worked so well for such an expensive and rare lens (have it, too)!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is highly recommended:
http://forum.mflenses.com/recommended-uk-camera-repair-engineer-digital-and-classic-t49183.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Macca wrote:

Great to hear it worked so well for such an expensive and rare lens (have it, too)!!

I had to trust someone with it eventually, it was stored and not getting used much. I also noted the fungus was spreading so had to trust someone. He removed it all and apart from the tiniest residual peripheral coating mark which is only visible with a torch/magification, it`s all good to go. Not had the best weather to get out with it but will soon.He CLA`d it too.

£50 plus postage from Miles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add:- Miles hasn't the optical equipment to correct a de-centred lens....but there isn't much else he cannot do if he can get the parts.