Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Two Macro shots - First time use of dedicated flash
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Two Macro shots - First time use of dedicated flash Reply with quote

Nothing special here. But just learning to use flash with Macro (and in general). I have a Contax TLA30 which I have used with E-P2 (it's great that it has a hot shoe). It has to be used in manual mode so lot of experimentation was involved. Just two samples from many that I clicked. Lens is Pentax SMC 50/1.7 @f8 with a 24mm tube.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'em.

On the first one I don't think the flash was used correctly, at least not completely. There are very obvious whiter areas and some got in the shade. Did you used a difuser or something else to soften the flash?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! You're absolutely right. I don't have a diffuser for this flash and that is on my shopping list along with reflectors. I didn't point the flash directly on the flower but semi bounced it through the leaves from a bush above the flower (but it still was quite harsh).