Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying out a kenko slr
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Trying out a kenko slr Reply with quote

I bought a brand new kenko SLR for very cheap (about 20 dollars). I ran a roll of Kodak Gold 100 through it to test it out. I found it really hard to use the focus screen especially when compared to me Nikon FE. The metering seemed a bit hit and miss too. I ended up with quite a lot of overexposed shots. I think I used an Ai 50/1.4 on all the shots. Scanned on a v700.

Link for info on the Kenko camera http://www.kenkoglobal.com/kf-1n.html

Here are the best of a pretty bad bunch Wink

I'm not sure what happened to the colors in the last shot!

Pic of the Kenko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Kenko camera looks a lot like the Nikon FM2
Nice photos.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it handled like the FM2. It's great that manual SLRs are still being made. And I really wanted to like this camera. But I don't think I'll be using it again. It was too difficult to get accurate focus.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad. The camera looks to be a nice compact size.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It's a shame. I went out with my Nikon FE today. It was so much better. The FE is such a pleasure to use. I'll post up the shots when I get the film developed.