Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toronto - Ikoflex II 6x6 - Triotar 75mm - Ektar 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Toronto - Ikoflex II 6x6 - Triotar 75mm - Ektar 100 Reply with quote

My brother's girlfriend goes to the University of Toronto in Canada. For thanksgiving this year he had me come along for the ride. These were just some of the pics from the day. We traveled to one of the islands off of the city. I'm much more people/portrait oriented than landscape/cityscape so these photos are not really about the area, just the people I'm with.

The lighting was great towards the end of the day. And that silly little uncoated triotar still impresses me so much.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2,3,4 and last one Marc all are excellent very well done!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty fantastic series. I like the last one the best from a viewability, good memory-type-photo perspective. Perhaps the most unique is the one with the dude sitting in the globe-things's opening.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I'd love more feedback if others are willing. Criticisms are very much welcomed.

What does everyone think about the quality output?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they have a really vintage look from the 1970s Very Happy The girl in the tree and the one of her on a swing look like they could be album covers for a folk singer of some kind. Great work Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triotar is a quality lens, certainly your series confirm it. Number of elements not really matter, my novoflex 40cm has only two Smile and a great lens , my sigma zoom has countless and crap Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, that last one is "two thumbs up"!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indeed, that last one is "two thumbs up"!!

Thanks so much

It's really amazing. I hear over and over again that to get any sharpness out of a three or four element design, one must stop down. I don't know, it was taken wide open and it's plenty sharp for my eyes. Not to mention has more character than most lenses will ever have.

Gotta love just plain good-quality optical glass.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

common mistake when people judge on old cameras like this , if camera shows bad IQ that is because anastigmat, triotar etc
which is not true, camera is not properly aligned reason only this. A well adjusted Novar Anastigmat can produce near good images than Ikonta IV with Tessar.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the photos, I loved the point of view that you choosed, I loved the models, and I loved that you did not correct the blue tint of the evening.
So many photographers do shift colour temperature in the evening to make portraits look warm regardless of the day time and weather.
THis is so wrong. Your last photos prove that blue cold atmosphere can be great for portraits also.
My pick is the third from last - the swing one.
But all are great. Real artist stuff even if they're born as holiday snapshots.