Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Thanks Mo,

I really can not figure out why the uploads do not work for me.

Flickr has been awkward about hot-linking for years. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:

Flickr has been awkward about hot-linking for years. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

I think this is because of shifting policy over the years vis-a-vis free accounts vs. paid ones. I used to have a free account at flickr, and I remember being able to link images, then suddenly I couldn't anymore, and it was because flickr had changed up the way they could be accessed. Free accounts couldn't link images, but paid accounts could. Now that I finally broke down and subscribe to flickr, I'm able to link images again. Linked from my flickr account:

Red Holly Berries, "Last Roll of Kodachrome," Canon F-1, Tamron 90mm f/2.5 Macro, Kodachrome 64

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to reload a picture with the upload button.
First time a new member tries to upload a picture, there's a spam protection and picture doesn't appear.

If it still doesn't work, beware the size and weight of your picture. You could possibly have to resize it.

Welcome. Smile

Edit : there seems to have a problem with your posts. I asl Attila to look why.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Farside and Cooltouch,

Thanks for your replies

The reason why I tried the flicker route, is that I do not seem to be able to get the "normal" picture upload to work.
Tried the Upload button and the Drag and Drop and variations of editing the HTML text.

Can it be that my account is still classified as "new"?
How many posts does one need for pics to show up ?

Now that flickr has really messed up the way photos are displayed, it takes a few mouse clicks to get where you want to be to see if they will display here. Try this:

First click on the photo you want to view here. Then right click on it. Then select "Original" and left click on it. Then right click, select "View image" and then left click on URL displayed in your URL bar. Come back to mflenses and paste that url between the (img) brackets. Yes, it's complicated, but that's what I had to do to get my image above to display. See if it works for you.

Or, you can do it the flikr way, and grab the HTML/BBC code for the item, by clicking on the link down in the lower right of the screen. For example, here's one of my flickr photos:

Mustang SP Race Car by cooltouch, on Flickr

Which is generated by inserting this code into your message (I deleted the front bracket and the (img) in brackets from the code so it would show): url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/11308754@N08/3427560831/]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3542/3427560831_67a8074a45.jpg[/url]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11308754@N08/3427560831/]Mustang SP Race Car[/url] by cooltouch, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
dualmp wrote:
Hi, I have this lens for about half a year. I read somewhere that there are 2 versions. The newer one is the one that can detached into 2 pieces for easy storage and portability. Mine is the second version but the lens did not come with the gun sight which would have been useful.

You'll note the two small screws at the very front section of your lens. This is where the gunsight was. Somebody removed it. I've seen this before with these old lenses.

The example photos indicate a respectably sharp lens. The 600s and 800s I owned back when I used to buy and sell photo gear didn't impress me. But I was just shooting test shots, probably with cheap print film. BTW, the two-piece lenses, when new, came in a case that held the lens broken down into two pieces. Did you get the case with yours?

No. Sadly mine did not come with the case (or the gunsight). Luckily the lens itself is ok.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Mine came in a nice carry bag with three styrofoam parts.
The parts are cut out so that the two lens parts get stored on top of each other.
It ha s the size of a medium small photo bag

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Can you post some pictures of the lens?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, I have the same lens since ages. However, I rarely use it as it is not handy at all and my Minolta 500mm f/8 RF Rokkor is far better. The difference of 100mm in focus length is not dramatic. The weakness of the Tokina is the rather low contrast compared to the Minolta lens and of course the different overall length of the two lenses make it relatively clear which one to take for a photo excursion.
However, maybe I will try it some times again and post some results over here. This is no promise. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for something longer than 300mm for birds at a budget. I big on a vivatar 600mm f8 on eBay trying to decide if I should keep on the auction or not.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, I would not pay too much for it. That's all I can say for the moment.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sigma 600mm f8 Catadioptic FD mount all original equip +case in ex++ I do not use,could be in your price range Roger,also an expensive Tamron 200-500mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a catadioptric Tamron SP 500 F8.
Great lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I have a Sigma 600mm f8 Catadioptic FD mount all original equip +case in ex++ I do not use,could be in your price range Roger,also an expensive Tamron 200-500mm f5.6.

I set my max bid at $50.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

Shoot me a pm.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I haven't laughed so much since Grandma caught her BOOBS in the lawnmower.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I haven't laughed so much since Grandma caught her BOOBS in the lawnmower.

Well, the Sigmas have been sold in the past between 60 and 270 Euros in Ebay. The fixed price offerings start with 130 Euros up to 480 Euros.

A Vivitar 600 was sold for 130 and a Tokina version is available for 225 Euros.

So I can understand why you are laughing.