Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 100-300mm F4 adjust focusing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Tokina 100-300mm F4 adjust focusing Reply with quote

Got this lens of ebay a while back and it had been converted from nikon to pentax in the past, quite poorly tbh.
Initially iq was horrendous but I quickly found that to be down to the fact the rear element retaining ring was screwed in wonky which let the lens sit at an angle but after fixing that I'm pretty sure its image quality should still be better than it is and because infinity is no where near the infinity mark on the focus ring especially at the wide setting I'd like to know how to go about adjusting the focussing for it

I'm thinking the 3 screws in the 1st pic are to do with setting the telephoto end and maybe the 3 under the tripod ring in the 2nd to do with the wide but if anyone is more clued up on this I'd like some input on what to do as I'm really not sure and would rather not balls it up more by tinkering blind.

with the head containing the front elements removed

one of the 3 screws visible under the tripod ring

with the rear mount removed

and the lens as a whole at the telephoto setting

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Tokina 100-300mm F4 adjust focusing Reply with quote

unique_monkey wrote:
Got this lens of ebay a while back and it had been converted from nikon to pentax in the past, quite poorly tbh.
Initially iq was horrendous but I quickly found that to be down to the fact the rear element retaining ring was screwed in wonky which let the lens sit at an angle but after fixing that I'm pretty sure its image quality should still be better than it is and because infinity is no where near the infinity mark on the focus ring especially at the wide setting I'd like to know how to go about adjusting the focussing for it

I'm thinking the 3 screws in the 1st pic are to do with setting the telephoto end and maybe the 3 under the tripod ring in the 2nd to do with the wide but if anyone is more clued up on this I'd like some input on what to do as I'm really not sure and would rather not balls it up more by tinkering blind.

with the head containing the front elements removed

one of the 3 screws visible under the tripod ring

with the rear mount removed

and the lens as a whole at the telephoto setting