Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The VNEX-system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I no longer have a Sony NEX my VNEX System is for sale here http://forum.mflenses.com/vnex-system-t60367.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre Announcement ! VµFT and Fuji-X in the VNEX System.. Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:
buggz wrote:
Very cool!
I want a complete kit now!
Though, I don't have an NEX, I have FujiFilm X-E1, XF mount system.
Please let us know when this mount is supported, thanks!

So we did find a way to build a VNEX version with interchangeable Cameramount for µFT and Fuji-X... coming in on the end of August.
With this version you can do nearly the same things as with the NEX Version.

The diameter of the moving helicoid - Tube is smaller to fit into the µFT/Fuji-X Mount of the camera (36mm instead of 40.5mm for NEX cams...) and a bit shorter compaired to the NEX Version. This is a minor change because of the different register distance between NEX and µFT/Fuji-X

At the end of the next month, we will make a short presentation for you. So this will be a new part of the VNEX System.

Regards
Henry

Amazing! Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Germany,

after introducing the brand new Sony A7 and A7R fullframe cams comes the time to verify the compatibility of the VNEX on this new cams.

First of all... the VNEX looks great on a Sony fullframe... with stunning results of images if you use the right lenses...

One of the main questions was: Is the inner diameter of the VNEX Tube wide enough to give the full image circle or would it add vignettings in the images caused due a to small layout of the tube for such a wide sensor with a diagonal of 43mm?

Let me explain some things first.

After developing and introducing the VNEX System for the Sony NEX cams, there exists 2 or 3 different versions of Tube layout, we did change without notice

Production - Series 1 = Version 1. did have an inner Tube diameter of 35mm and was darkend by hand.
Production - Series 2 = Version 2. did have an inner Tube diamater of only 33mm...

Both Versions do work very well on the Sony NEX cams, they were made for.

Now Sony did introduce there new A7 cams... this means, the tube diameter should be much wider as for NEX cams...

Here some samples which shows the amount of vignettings visible with the last Version.. l

This is an image with VNEX Version 2 - what means 33mm inner diameter of the tube - on the brand new Sony A7... to show the vignettings for your information only... lens is focused to infinity..

With the first version V1.0 there are NO vignettings..

What you see in the following picture is normal "light falloff" from the lens to the edges...

To demonstrate this, the following image shows on the rigth lower corner a small detail from a building inside the area of the light fall off - zone.

Would the VNEX Tube limiting the Sensor, you would not see this detail.

How can i now find out, which version of the VNEX i do have?

A short picture will figure out where the difference in Serie V1.0 and Serie 2.0 are.

Left picture show the first Series V1, where the Thread is a 90 degree cut in the tube. This Version works on the Sony A7 cams without modification, because the inner tube diameter is large enough not to adding Shadows on the sensor edges...

The right Version is V2.0... with a tube diameter of only 33mm and a 60 degree cut ..

After researching the VNEX units

This shows, that for full compatibility with the nex Sony A7 cams we do have to go back to the wider diameter of the Version 1 tube diameter.

And here are the good news... we can make the diameter up to 35.8 mm wider with our lathe without lost of stability.. !!

This means, future Versions of the VNEX will be compatible with the new Sony A7 cams and other versions we can modify to fit to the A7 cams.

For those of you, how own a Series 1 Version everything should work fine..

For those of you, which do have the second version, we offer a service to reassemble the VNEX with the new 35.7mm tube to make the Version compatible with the new cam.

The price of 30 Euro + shipping includes the following changes:

1. reassembling the VNEX with the wider new tube,
2. replacement of the bearing pins
3. modification of the PTFE glide band with velvet and also the damping of the inner tube with velvet for better elimination of vagbond light rays inside the tube.

Hope this information would be helpfull for you, and the service is welcome, if someone of the owners wants to upgrade to a Sony A7 cam.

Cheers
Henry

Last edited by hinnerker on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for update Henry!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A micro four third version of the VNEX-system has been developped.
Look specific topic in the sticky.
It fits the Olympus and Panasonic micro four third format cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry I've sent you a pm, hope you get it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Henry I've sent you a pm, hope you get it

yes, but pm system dont work for me... please contact me via email adress

heitchen@computerluchs.de

or

heitchen@digicamclub.de

until the pm system on mflenses is working again.

Regards
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know where to purchase a VNEX focusing system to adapt some of my enlarger lenses to my Sony A7R camera.

Leica Leitz 40mm f/2.8 Focotar - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 50mm f/2.8 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 80mm f/4 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M50 Lens Mount

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modsupremo wrote:
I want to know where to purchase a VNEX focusing system to adapt some of my enlarger lenses to my Sony A7R camera.

Leica Leitz 40mm f/2.8 Focotar - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 50mm f/2.8 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 80mm f/4 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M39 Lens Mount
Schneider 150mm f/5.6 Componon-S Enlarging Lens - M50 Lens Mount

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

Hi Modsupremo.
Try to contact Hinnerker (Henry), whose adresses are just above.

or at this adress : https://www.digicamclub.de/impressum.php?

Best regards.