Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Contarex Book autograph session
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: The Contarex Book autograph session Reply with quote

Yesterday at the Camera Fair in Castel San Giovanni the authors of The Contarex Book, Marco Cavina and Pierpaolo Ghisetti,
met the public and autographed copies of their beautiful book, in my opinion the most complete and authoritative Contarex book ever published:

#1 - Pierpaolo Ghisetti signing my copy of the book.
Pierpaolo does not only write about the Contarex, he's also a true authority about Leica, President of Leica Historica Italia and author of Leica books and other publications.

#2 - Marco Cavina adding his autograph too.
Marco does not need any presentation to the members of this forum, his website and authoritative articles about optics are well known and highly respected.

#3 - The two authors, Marco Cavina and Pierpaolo Ghisetti.

#4 - Marco, me, and Pierpaolo. Smile

Photos taken with my Leica M9 and Zeiss Biogon 2/35 ZM.
The first three photos were taken by me, the fourth photo was taken by a very special photographer: Ryuichi Watanabe!

If you are interested in the book (you should!), you can buy it online at www.newoldcamera.com

Many of you will probably be interested in knowing that I talked shortly with Mr. Watanabe (publisher of the book and owner of the newoldcamera shop).
I asked him (on my knees? Not that far, but almost Laughing ) to *please* support Marco and Pierpaolo on puitting their deep competence and knowledge into a new
(and long time awaited!) book about the Contax SLR lenses.
And you'll surely be please to learn that Mr. Watanabe showed a lot of interest for the proposal! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky man! Congrats! That is always great feeling to meet people who do lot for photography. Nice pictures as well. Sadly I didn't read books yet Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that it was useless to go to these shows! Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, makes me happy to see all three of you!!