Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The big Soligor thread!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good idea, Jonathan Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of the 135/1.5 in comparison to other 135mm lenses: IDAHO 135/1.8, Porst 135/1.8, Takumar 135/3.5

and how it looks like with the a7s attached.. can't get more front-heavy than that!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jonathan. Very Happy

What are the lens diameter and weight ? Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overall diameter is 105mm with a filter thread of 95mm. weight is about 2.7kg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 135mm bokeh monster ! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathandael wrote:
overall diameter is 105mm with a filter thread of 95mm. weight is about 2.7kg.

Poor A7 that has to hold that monster Smile.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: SOLIGOR C/D Zoom-Macro 4,0-5,6/60-300mm Reply with quote

Since over 29 years, this SOLIGOR zoom lens has done an excellent Job on my various cameras! Finally, I am very pleased with it, on my SONY A7!

I am using this exellent lens mostly hand held with 300mm, f/8 and ISO 400! With the peaking System of my Sony A7, it is an joy to work with this lens!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results !
Congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, first post on this awesome board (long time lurker Very Happy ).

A Pentax dealer is proposing me this Soligor lens which I have no idea of and there's very little I could find on the web: Soligor 100mm f2.0 Pentax K mount.

He says it's a beautiful portrait lens. I could probably borrow it for a ride but I wanted to ask before and see if it's worth the time (it's 100km from here).

Any idea ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StyxD wrote:
Hello everyone, first post on this awesome board (long time lurker Very Happy ).

A Pentax dealer is proposing me this Soligor lens which I have no idea of and there's very little I could find on the web: Soligor 100mm f2.0 Pentax K mount.

He says it's a beautiful portrait lens. I could probably borrow it for a ride but I wanted to ask before and see if it's worth the time (it's 100km from here).

Any idea ?

Do you know the serial number? It might provide an additional clue about the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Do you know the serial number? It might provide an additional clue about the manufacturer.

No serial, but Ive got these 2 photos.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that 100 / 2 has a decent reputation, it's a fast 100 as well. Probably worth buying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I think that 100 / 2 has a decent reputation, it's a fast 100 as well. Probably worth buying.

I could. How much would you pay for it ? I'm totally new to Soligor lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 35mm f/3.5 (m39)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is rather good.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to estimate a price for the 100 / 2 lens, there's not not many 100 / 2 lenses made by anyone so that will raise the price. The only one I found was this one for sale on ebay. I think the buy it now price is very high, but maybe it's the price to pay for a fast lens?
Click here to see on Ebay

Soligor 100 / 2 buy it now $265.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
It's hard to estimate a price for the 100 / 2 lens, there's not not many 100 / 2 lenses made by anyone so that will raise the price. The only one I found was this one for sale on ebay. I think the buy it now price is very high, but maybe it's the price to pay for a fast lens?
Click here to see on Ebay

Soligor 100 / 2 buy it now $265.

Thanks, in fact the dealer is asking for 160€ which is 200$. But I guess I'll skip it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked through the whole thread, but maybe I missed it - has the 2.8/200 been reported on yet? In other searches I have see two different styles; I have this one, but is currently on the slow boat to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I looked through the whole thread, but maybe I missed it - has the 2.8/200 been reported on yet? In other searches I have see two different styles; I have this one, but is currently on the slow boat to me.

No, I think you are the first to show this one.
I have the 3.3/200 Soligor and was at one time interested in the 2.8 before I found the 3.3 at a fraction of the then asking prices of 2.8/200 Soligors.
I would be keen to hear of your impressions of this lens.
The 3.3/200 is very good indeed.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 200mm f2.8 Soligor in Konica AR mount. Mine looks a bit different and it is labelled C/D. I think those are different versions. I vaguely remember the C/D line being made by Tokina.

Edit: I looked and my Soligor has 77mm filter, so those indeed must be different lenses.

Last edited by fermy on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Be interested in how this compares with the Minolta 200/2.8. Looks like a very nice lens, can't wait to see samples.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, mine is also made by Sun.
Here y'ar plus a sample
OH

More here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-200mm-f3-3-t67670,highlight,%2Bsoligor+%2B200.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand: Yours is the f/3.3, so different.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:

Be interested in how this compares with the Minolta 200/2.8. Looks like a very nice lens, can't wait to see samples.

I think a comparison to the Minolta will be a lofty level for the Soligor to achieve. I only bought it because it was cheap, in good condition, and I was curious how close it will come to the Series 1 3/200, which I regard very highly.

Oldhand: Sorry, I had not seen your earlier post when I commented.

fermy: I'm guessing yours has serial number starting with 37. Mine starts with 38. I also suspect the connection to Tokina came from the serial number, which is Vivitar convention, but I wonder if it is true for Soligor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim,

my serial starts with 17. Btw, I have the same style Soligor C/D 135/f2 and the serial starts with 17 as well. I don't remember, where I've got this Tokina idea, but since it lies somewhere in my memory unattached, it's a pretty good indication that I considered the info reliable.