Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 9 - Micro-Nikkor 200mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 9 - Micro-Nikkor 200mm/4 Reply with quote

Last edited by WolverineX on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't forget this lens, great one really as we can see on your samples! Bokeh just awesome in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx Atilla...just one thing with this lens, focusing ring is too easy to move, i don't know if it's my copy or this lens in general. would love if it was a little stiffer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess just your copy I don't remember for any inconvenience.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with E-M5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples. Does it do true macro? What is the working distance?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nice samples. Does it do true macro? What is the working distance?

it goes 1:2 , minimum focusing distance is 71cm, aperture goes from f4 to f32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice colorful samples with this lens, my fav is the last one from the second serie, perfectly catched Shocked ....I just found the background/bokeh a little bit too busy for my taste especialy for macro works!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of these were taken at Floraart floral show, so there were fields of those flowers and that's why some of them have busy backgrounds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one (hummingbird moth?) fantastic. I love this lens, but 1:2 can be limiting. My focus ring is fine, so your lens may need some TLC

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The last one (hummingbird moth?) fantastic. I love this lens, but 1:2 can be limiting. My focus ring is fine, so your lens may need some TLC

patrickh

i took several shots of that moth, it never lands on the flower just sucks pollen in mid air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this one ! I'm very pleased ; The focus ring is a little too loose like yours (it's often the case with IF lenses) ; Now I'm expecting a sunbeam, and i'll compare it with the Tamron 52A (not IF !, slightly lighter)