Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 9 - Micro-Nikkor 200mm/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 9 - Micro-Nikkor 200mm/4 Reply with quote

Last edited by WolverineX on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't forget this lens, great one really as we can see on your samples! Bokeh just awesome in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx Atilla...just one thing with this lens, focusing ring is too easy to move, i don't know if it's my copy or this lens in general. would love if it was a little stiffer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess just your copy I don't remember for any inconvenience.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples with E-M5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples. Does it do true macro? What is the working distance?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaticAberration wrote:
Nice samples. Does it do true macro? What is the working distance?

it goes 1:2 , minimum focusing distance is 71cm, aperture goes from f4 to f32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice colorful samples with this lens, my fav is the last one from the second serie, perfectly catched Shocked ....I just found the background/bokeh a little bit too busy for my taste especialy for macro works!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of these were taken at Floraart floral show, so there were fields of those flowers and that's why some of them have busy backgrounds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one (hummingbird moth?) fantastic. I love this lens, but 1:2 can be limiting. My focus ring is fine, so your lens may need some TLC

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The last one (hummingbird moth?) fantastic. I love this lens, but 1:2 can be limiting. My focus ring is fine, so your lens may need some TLC

patrickh

i took several shots of that moth, it never lands on the flower just sucks pollen in mid air

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this one ! I'm very pleased ; The focus ring is a little too loose like yours (it's often the case with IF lenses) ; Now I'm expecting a sunbeam, and i'll compare it with the Tamron 52A (not IF !, slightly lighter)