Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Xenar f3.8 75mm (Robot) autumn walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Tele-Xenar f3.8 75mm (Robot) autumn walk Reply with quote

well, very sharp, not really for close-up (from 3ft/1m onwards), unusual bokeh caused by strange 4 leave rounded aperture blades,... but I miss something, can't really say what it is, "cold" might be the right term...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good as reputation of Robot , very nice series! So crispy !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus!
A very nice serie with another great performer in your hands....I like it a lot especially the # 6, the whites roses with a beautiful autumn background!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable......They are amazing.Some of the flowers look like they are cut out and stuck on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. The picture of statue seems to be the best one to me (microcontrast, bokeh, separation...). I like #2, 6 and 7, too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that we are seeing your superior technique more than the lenses imperfections!

Can you show the faults of these lenses too? There's a challenge for you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to, as these are "test pictures" to show how a lens renders images, but I guess I'm too good and every lens delivers in my hands Very Happy Very Happy

But without joking, that one is a bit too sharp and harsh for me, a bit sensitive to flare, focus from 1 meter (3ft) onwards is a bit too far for me and the bokeh due to the odd squarish aperture design not as pleasant as I would want it (but very unique in its own way)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I was trying to, as these are "test pictures" to show how a lens renders images, but I guess I'm too good and every lens delivers in my hands Very Happy Very Happy

But without joking, that one is a bit too sharp and harsh for me, a bit sensitive to flare, focus from 1 meter (3ft) onwards is a bit too far for me and the bokeh due to the odd squarish aperture design not as pleasant as I would want it (but very unique in its own way)

The lens is not worthy of your talent, banish it to my home! Twisted Evil

Seriously the pics are outstanding!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sharpness and the bokeh is very nice on those samples

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schneider, you just need the word...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that I used the later black body, multicoated version, serial no. 14 724 xxx

Indeed it is very sharp:

But the bokeh is not really always my taste: