Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 17mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I long await this lens because perhaps the widest non fisheye lens to me what I can afford.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Tamron/tamron_sp_17mm_f3_5/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Attila! I would really like to find this lens for a good price...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard task not showing much times less than 100 GBP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the last picture of this series, not showed here!!

Have you thought about cropping out the house at right and perhaps straightening the horizon?

I think the photo has a lot of potential.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I see nothing on this picture if you do something with that go ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Shocked I see nothing on this picture if you do something with that go ahead.

I love it, I can't stop looking at it.

_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate Smile I am glad if you love it , my down to earth programmer eyes still see nothing special on it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has poetry.

I think it skims perfection.

_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It has poetry.

I think it is because it fall closely in the "third" rule, have well isolated subjects and is a simple to read picture, as for color, all thoses things that don't bother your brain and only interact with deeper sensations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Orio wrote:
It has poetry.

I think it is because it fall closely in the "third" rule,

Because I MADE IT fall closely in the thirds rule Wink

_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Flor27 wrote:
Orio wrote:
It has poetry.

I think it is because it fall closely in the "third" rule,

Because I MADE IT fall closely in the thirds rule Wink

To tell you the truth, I haven't see yet the original Attila shot Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I did, well, I have to say that Orio has a good photographer eye, if one has yet to doubt about it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
So now I did, well, I have to say that Orio has a good photographer eye, if one has yet to doubt about it Wink

Thanks Very Happy but there is something more to it

First Attila also has good eye, maybe he did not consciously appreciate the scene, but without doubt his instinct did, else he would not have taken the photo

Then, the image is really precious on its own, although I immodestly admit that my cut has enhanced it Laughing
Seriously:

- the lateral light gives great relief to the grass. This in turn contrasts with the smooth sky and enhances the perception of "infinite" - by contrast, the sky feels smooth and infinite

- There is a natural colouring gradient in the sky that makes it attractive even if barren

- the single cloud up there is like, nature does perfection, I don't think any painter could have done it better on purpose

- the rusty lamplights give the photograph a warm tone both for colouring and emotionally. Imagine how blah if it was new grey zinc colour.

- there is not only the thirds in the photograph, also the wires are segmented in three, and the rhythm of the segmentation, very dynamic, makes a perceptual contrast with the more rigid thirds division of the photo. Wires give the photo a life without getting too much in the way

- but the most poetical touch is the bend of the lamplight, in what is otherwise a quite rectilinear image design.
The bend connects the natural shape of the cloud with the geometrical shapes of the other elements.

- maybe I have a delirating mind but the head of the lamplight reminds me of an astroship. The bend of the lamplight makes me think of the curve necessary to exit the earth orbit. The two elements sort of push the vision towards the infinite.
Makes also think of 2001 Odissey in the meaning of this sort of slow cosmic harmony, in a photograph that is very quiet, and pushes to meditation.

I'm not much of a believer, but if I had to pick a photograph that makes me feel about the trascendental, the "what's beyond", it's this one.

Like I said, I could look at it for hours and never have enough.

P.S. No, I have not smoked Marijuana Laughing
_

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I long await this lens because perhaps the widest non fisheye lens to me what I can afford.
]

Attilla

About a year ago, I snagged one of these lenses. I heard and read very good things about it. Upon using it, I was not disappointed. It's a very good lens. There are two versions. Which one do you have? Did you get the original lens hood for it?

Kiron kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio/Ohio

You clearly have the eye, and I think the picture could have been taken by Antonioni. It speaks of "lonely" and "distance" as well as having the lovely assymetry of the thirds.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila
It is far far superior to the Tok equivalent, which is somewhat soft throughout the range.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I think the picture could have been taken by Antonioni.

Yes, there is something that can remind of Antonioni.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
Attila wrote:
]

Attilla

About a year ago, I snagged one of these lenses. I heard and read very good things about it. Upon using it, I was not disappointed. It's a very good lens. There are two versions. Which one do you have? Did you get the original lens hood for it?

Kiron kid

I didn't know that it has two versions , can you show me link from each of ones. I don't have lens hood.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Russ wrote:
Attila wrote:
]

Attilla

Kiron kid

I didn't know that it has two versions , can you show me link from each of ones. I don't have lens hood.

Attilla

Here is the link ( http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/51B.html ). I have the earlier version, with the built in filters. They work quite well. I got lucky, because mine came with the dedicated Tamron lens hood. On occasion, you can find the original lens hood on E-bay, but, they are scarce.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess mine is 151B.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I guess mine is 151B.

Attila

How do you like it? Mine is a very good performer. I'll keep my eyes open for the proper lens hood for yours.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Russ! I used same time with an Olympus OM 21mm f3.5 , Olympus had better color rendering, but 4mm quite a lot difference especially on 2x crop camera like mine. Another thing what is important I have a Nikon FA film camera so logical to use Tamron SP, but I like so much Olympus OM 21mm f3.5. I need to sell something I suppose I will keep both and I let them go my other lenses like CZJ Jena 20mm lenses and Nikkor UD 20mm f3.5.Tamrons is pretty good one and practical to me and Oly simple superb.