Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 11A arrived
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Tair 11A arrived Reply with quote

Tair 11A arrived in post today (export version in nr mint condition). M42 fitted but thanks to another thread (Montecarlo - Cosmin?) I've ordered a Nikon mount.

My wife can't understand my excitement at the blades...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats mate! I gave this lens as a present from Orio and I keep in big respect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those blades ALONE make me salivate like Pavlov's dogs! In order to understand this, you MUST be a fanatical manual lens junky, never bathing unless it involves images, eating only occasionally in order to keep time for shooting, and simply mumbling things like "those blades are beautiful" to anyone who will listen. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Richard, mint is exciting
today I got a lens with only 5 blades Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is that 5 blades ? Broken ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think too have actually one or two lenses with 5 blades, but I can not remember which ones.

Anyway 5, 6 does not really matter. Highlights would look ugly just the same. To have a nice round highlight a minimum of 12 blades is required.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
What is that 5 blades ? Broken ?

Strange you don't have any Zeiss with 5 blades.
Hasselblad lenses made by Zeiss have only 5 blades
No I don't have any Hasselblad Laughing

Last edited by poilu on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that ... I have only one Carl Zeiss lens a 135mm Tessar. One the way a Sonnar 135mm. All of my Carl Zeiss lenses are made in Jena.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't know that

Yes, it is amazing the number of small difference between the 2 cousins
I like the milky bokeh of Hasselblad, the highlight are of course pentagonal but some says it is the sig of Hasselblad and many like them
I got a rodenstock who ire among the best lenses and it have only 5 blades Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like Haselblad because $$$, they like everything what is expensive. I have no experience with Hassy. One of my friends who is an untalented wedding photographer made portrait from us with Hasselblad my wife has strong criticism "she said this is crap" she throw out. I beleive it was a mistake by photographer not by camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tair 11A arrived Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Tair 11A arrived in post today (export version in nr mint condition). M42 fitted but thanks to another thread (Montecarlo - Cosmin?) I've ordered a Nikon mount.

Hello and congratulations !

By the way, I would be interested in a report of you when the Nikon mount arrives and of course pictures.
Thank you.

Regards,
Cosmin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Richard.
Tair and Volna are two words that I've yet to add to my dictionary...
Please, post some shots as soon as you can.
Really curious about how it does perform.
Thanks!
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw the result of one Hasselblad lens and I was completely blown away. At wide open, it was sharp as the sharpest of Leicas stopped down. The lens was the Zeiss Sonnar 150. I afterwards learned that this lens is considered mythical by Hasselblad owners. Well I could see the reason why.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

Cosmin - thanks for the site with the A Mount - hopefully it should be here within the next week or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Tair 11A arrived Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:

Congratulations, Richard.
(I still am waiting for my copy. Rolling Eyes )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Tair 11 a coupe of weeks ago with M39 mount - wrongly described as M42. I finally have it working with the 39/42 adapter. Initial results it seems a really sharp performer.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First shot - wide open in poor light, minor levels adjustment:

Unedited 50% crop, again wide open in poor light:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Richard!

But say, I didn't know that it is legal to grow "pot" in Kent (pic 1). Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite lens I am sure you will love it in right light.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st impressions are positive - seems to have similar lowish contrast but good resolution of my NikkorQ 135/3.5 but with a bokeh more chalk pastel like as against the Nikkors more oil pastel like bokeh if that makes sense!

I managed a whole f4 handheld today (will post soon) where it sharpens a fair bit and seems to have good 3D quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At f4 handheld - seems noticeably sharper:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will love the Tair-11A, in good light it will make your photos sing.