Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset over the sea - Angenieux 35-70 mm f2.5-3.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sunset over the sea - Angenieux 35-70 mm f2.5-3.3 Reply with quote

Angenieux 35-70mm f2.5-33 mounted on my daughter's Canon Eos 60D.
She's a student in photography and is first in her class. Next week-end, she exposes some of her photos during the open doors of her school.

You can click on them to open in a wider window with better IQ.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

Last edited by Olivier on Fri May 04, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice sunset series, my favorites #1#5#9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Poilu.
#9 reminds me of a movie "zabrisky point" with Pink Floyd music, and the Hippie era in late sixties and beginning of the 70s.
It has some vintage mood.

I wish temperatures were like in Mediterranean islands...
But you see, my dear friend, that we have nice sunsets in northern France by the sea. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I like the vintage atmosphere of #9
I don't use to photograph sunset but 2 weeks ago I was in Santorini
it is a place where people meet to photograph sunset and they applaud the sun when it's gone
I don't think it is different than French sunset but it was funny to be with so many sunset lover
this one is poposhoped from 2 exposures to show photographers at work Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
and they applaud the sun when it's gone

Shocked

why?

am I missing something?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
poilu wrote:

Shocked
why?
am I missing something?

I don't know, look this video in summer time http://vimeo.com/17738954

maybe this is an explanation
Quote:
With all the things we could keep our eyes on these days, all the junk that's offered up on a daily basis from tv,
movies and the internet, it seems many of us may have forgotten the very basic place to put our attention and our thanks.

You could applaud the sunset, the sunrise, the opening of a flower, the emerging of a new leaf. The universe is already giving you a daily show, the least we can do is show our appreciation.

http://alittlehouseintheclouds.blogspot.com/2012/04/applaud-sunset.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those people Shocked

I don't get it, the sun has been setting for millions of years, what's so special that warrants applause?

Maybe it's me, I'm too cold-hearted to appreciate it Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
All those people Shocked

I don't get it, the sun has been setting for millions of years, what's so special that warrants applause?

Ok - a quick hint =

applause means thanks - got it now? Wink

well, if I am not wrong, of course! Smile

tf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shows that Greece has still something to give, in spite of what bankers would like us to believe. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an insider I can assure you nearly all bankers are liars and cheats, driven by insane greed and a lack of morality)

Sunsets are one of nature's true pleasures when they come out right

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
All those people Shocked

Yes I am aware that our sun had been existing for billion of years, but how many of us appreciate sunrise and sunset moments?
How often are we standing 15-20min watching sunrise or sunset in our lifetime? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
All those people Shocked

Yes I am aware that our sun had been existing for billion of years, but how many of us appreciate sunrise and sunset moments?
How often are we standing 15-20min watching sunrise or sunset in our lifetime? Cool

I am a very lucky person because I often see sunset from my house. If not sunset, we enjoy very special lights, tones, skies. Each day is different.
When going on country roads early in the morning or late in the afternoon, I often drive slowly and admire Nature and landscape.
I'm much more impressed by Nature than by Mankind...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are beautiful Olivier ,I especially like #6.
I am very lucky my house faces the sunrise (I know not a sunset but still as nice) every morning I can see this beautiful event....Olivier you are lucky however and have the ocean and rocks. Very Happy

Do you have any older Angenieux lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moïra.
I have the Angenieux 35-70mm and the 70-210mm. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sunset pictures! I must say I'm not so impress by the I/Q of the 35/70, pictures looks a little bit flat Confused .....I mean I can't see the "magic rendering" that we can find for sure with the 70/210 for example but may be I'm wrong .....
How do you compared both lenses (35/70 against 70/210)?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
poilu wrote:

Shocked
why?
am I missing something?

I don't know, look this video in summer time http://vimeo.com/17738954

maybe this is an explanation
Quote:
With all the things we could keep our eyes on these days, all the junk that's offered up on a daily basis from tv,
movies and the internet, it seems many of us may have forgotten the very basic place to put our attention and our thanks.

You could applaud the sunset, the sunrise, the opening of a flower, the emerging of a new leaf. The universe is already giving you a daily show, the least we can do is show our appreciation.

http://alittlehouseintheclouds.blogspot.com/2012/04/applaud-sunset.html

Hippies and tourist appreciate the sunset in Ibiza...and have never seen this "thank you" in the UK
http://www.actoftraveling.com/2011/08/celebrate-life-on-ibiza/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kep98vuu8cs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are very lucky Olivier.

My house is not as nice, but still I am not far away from natural beauties like ocean, bay area, forest, water falls, lake, rocks and mountain. The only thing I dislike is 'scene polution' - too many of electrical cables, cars, buildings/houses. These things block the view in almost every angles.

What I used to do is walking with my kids to see sunrise or sunset as often as possible, but still not often enough.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thank you Moïra.
I have the Angenieux 35-70mm and the 70-210mm. Smile

That is a good range 35-210 covered with both lenses.Which is your favorite?
I picked up an older Angenieux 3.5/28 zebra M42 recently,it has taken me awhile to get used to it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35-70 is my fav.
I use the 70-210 more for macro.

Salut Pascal.
The treatment is not in favor of the lens IQ.
I have to find some way to post very good images. Maybe by using Lightroom instead of DPP.
Between 35-70 and 70-210, I don't know exactly. I feel I have slightly better results with the 35-70mm, but I like them both. Smile

Could you express and explain what you mean by "magic".
With your criteria, I could better answer. Thanks. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
35-70 is my fav.
I use the 70-210 more for macro.

Salut Pascal.
The treatment is not in favor of the lens IQ.
I have to find some way to post very good images. Maybe by using Lightroom instead of DPP.
Between 35-70 and 70-210, I don't know exactly. I feel I have slightly better results with the 35-70mm, but I like them both. Smile

Could you express and explain what you mean by "magic".
With your criteria, I could better answer. Thanks. Smile

Salut Olivier Wink
What do I mean by "magic", quite difficult to explain (especially with my poor English!) but to say it simply: when I use my 70/210, every time I look the results on the LCD, my first reaction is "Shocked ", that's what I mean with "magic" Laughing ......more seriously, I find the 70/210 just an amazing lens, it's on my eyes (almost) perfect in every aspect (sharpness, contrast, bokeh, good for macro as well as for portrait and even landscape, almost no CA, also very usable with TC2x, etc, etc....) and I was wondering if the 35/70 can also be considered as "magic" like this big brother......
some doc from both lenses (in french but it should be no problem for you Very Happy ):

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.
Super ! Merci Pascal pour toute cette doc. Smile

And, yes, I often say Wow, when I look at both Angenieux's results on my screen.
So, yes, they're both magic. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a "magic" family picture (without the zoom) Very Happy :

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU! I just love it when someone makes the effort to scan old lens tests. This is very valuable knowledge that will be lost unless posted online. Our amateur tests usually pale in comparison to these professional reports.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
and a "magic" family picture (without the zoom) Very Happy :

Nice family portrait. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal, what is the lens on the left side ?

Wink