Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Culminon f1.5/75mm snow walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Culminon f1.5/75mm snow walk Reply with quote

Sunny today for a few hours, so I took a quick snow walk. All shot f4 - f5.6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice set of very crisp images. Have they been sharpened during processing ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this series i do like, nice and sharp, the ice on red leaves image is my favourite. Bokeh is a little nervous in the bird bath/water fountain pic for my tastes. I much prefer how this lens draws stopped down a little.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely set Klaus. Agree with comment on sharpening - looks as though some was added, but I do not see any obvious artifacts, so it could well be the lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, snow in great light can be wonderful, I love them all! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My web-upload routine resizes and resharpens a bit and I also noticed sharpening artifacts (not sure if flickr also does that as I show "large" images here and not originals, so it could well be two sharping routines interacting). Also I noticed blown highlights in the snowy areas of images. But honestly I did only have a few minutes to prepare this series....

Thanks guys for all comments!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series.

Swirly bokeh on #2? Otherwise soft and nice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your taste for composition, bokeh and colours (and relationship of subject colours with background colours) are always first class Klaus, and this series is no exception!
My favourites are #4 for how the subject stands out on white snow, and #7 for the tonal harmonies of the purple fruits with the emerald green leaves and deep pink material (other leaves?)
Also I love this lens' bokeh, but this I already said in previous thread Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio, but mother nature deserves the praise, I just record what's already there Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks Orio, but mother nature deserves the praise, I just record what's already there Wink

Nah... what is there must be noticed, first, and composed into a frame, after - things that mother Nature does not make.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink

btw. those did not fit into the sequence...

(But I'm not really happy what flickr has done to them...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice images... my eyes like 'em all, and my soul too Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series. Looks too cold for me though!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: steinheil culminon 1;1.5 75mm Reply with quote

I just bought this same lenses, can it be used on my canon 1d mark iii or canon 60d

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: steiheil munchen culminon1;1.5 75mm Reply with quote

What camera are you using your lens on? seems it would interfere with the mirror on my canons? also any information on this lens would be great, as it seems to be very hard to find info on the net about it. I am assuming it is very rare? Mine is in excellent shape and i paid $650 canadian for it. Oh, my canons are 1d mark iii and the 60d Thanks in advance for any info you can give me, would like to start using it. If it means buying an adapter or a camera body,either way

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going, Klaus!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful catches, love the rich colors!

@Mark, that is a very interesting avatar!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful color and details captured, wow!