Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SP Tamron 500 mirror model number 55B on Pentax K200D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Would stacking adaptors effect the focusing to infinity?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
Thanks. Would stacking adaptors effect the focusing to infinity?

Hi TBaker.
Normally, no.
I have severall Adaptall 2 Tamron lenses and use them on my 5D² with an adaptor ring without problem for AD2/M42/Eos.
I have a Nikon Ai-s to Eos ring and it's the same kind of adapter as the M42 to Eos, so I think you'll have no problems.

PS : 20$ for this lens ? Shocked That's what I would call a real bargain.

Last edited by Olivier on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Ya $20...including the hood, caps and case. I bought it looking not too excited until I got in the car. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
Thanks.

Ya $20...including the hood, caps and case. I bought it looking not too excited until I got in the car. Laughing

Awesome buy!...did you get the filters as well?...not sure what they are used for as I have not tried them yet. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
I bought it looking not too excited until I got in the car. Laughing

But many heared your yell 100m further... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Mo...unfortunately no filtres. Not that I would use them but a complete kit would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I wouldn't worry it's the lens that counts...and $20...still a steal.Look forward to some samples

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
TBaker wrote:
Thanks.

Awesome buy!...did you get the filters as well?...not sure what they are used for as I have not tried them yet. Embarassed

Mo, I'm looking at a photo that shows that the Tamron 500mm came with four filters -- yellow, orange, red, and ND (neutral density). The three colored filters are used for B&W photography to create different contrasts. You might try googling the topics "filters" and "b&w photography" and you'll probably get some hits with images showing you how the different filter colors can affect an image, depending on what the subject is. The ND filter is useful for reducing shutter speeds if the scene is too bright, the lens having a fixed aperture and all.

The Tamron 500mm takes 30.5mm size filters, and there are others available besides those that came with your lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very Happy I wouldn't worry it's the lens that counts...and $20...still a steal.Look forward to some samples

Thanks. The adaptor is on it's way. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,
I am really inspired to try B&W...thanks to all those fantastic B&W images in the B&W gallery,I have a quote to CLA the Black MX that came with this lens...so that knowledge on the filters will come in very handy. Very Happy