Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some words to Leica support and spare parts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Some words to Leica support and spare parts Reply with quote

2 weeks ago i damaged due to an - let say operating error (in fact it was more than that) - a around 40 years old Leica R lens. Normally this damaged part wouldn't broken at all so i thought the lens will be scrap now.

But I'm more than impressed as my repair shop told me that Leica have this spare part in their warehouse. After 40 years of production stop you will get there parts for maintenance.

Fortuity ? Don't know but I'm more than happy that I have the lens now on my desk like new.

Thanks Leica and thanks to my repair shop.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why Leica is expensive Smile Nice to hear that your problem was so easily solved!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, that's unheard of today when you can barely get spare parts for equipment still in production (try getting spare parts for a dvd player, I dare you)

What lens was it?, and dare I ask what you did to that poor lens? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 plausible explanation :
-parts are still in stock because a repair shop never needed them. Lens too well made, too expensive,users touched them with a pawn feather.
Rolf probably used some pliers. Twisted Evil