Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some shots with my 1937 Welta Weltini (with S-K Xenon 2/50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Some shots with my 1937 Welta Weltini (with S-K Xenon 2/50) Reply with quote

I got the first Fuji Reala roll (Sunny Sixteen under varying conditions) from the lab, 6" x 9" prints and 6 Mp "Pro" scans. The scans are a bit noisy and there are JPEG artifacts, but they are good enough for the prints, which look just fine. Here are five sample pics, down-sampled to 900 px wide, no P-P:

The first shot was taken on a cloudy day:

An uncoated Gauss design lens cannot avoid flare but here it doesn't matter too much - my eyes did flare, too:

Here is a 100% crop from a 3087 x 2048 FF frame which shows that the Xenon certainly is sharp enough, and the final resolution is quite obviously limited by the miserable scanning and JPEG artifacts:

Another crop:

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both very nice Veijo, your samples and the city (Tallinn?)
From the first image it is possible to guess that the lens resolves much detail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh such a pleasure to see you town thrue this old gem.
It looks like it will be a nice one for B+W especially with nice rendering and lowish contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love 3 and 4, wonderful results!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous pics, I've wondered about the Weltinis, I have a Retina with a similar S-K lens and love it.

I like the light bloom aka flare with these old lenses, I know it's not modern taste, but there you have it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, Veijo!
Not so much flare, you did control it very well. Nice colours. Good sharpness. I like them!

Jes.