Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some shots of our winter weekend...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Some shots of our winter weekend... Reply with quote

We have been in a little town near Willingen (Upland) last weekend. Perhaps you have read about it here: http://forum.mflenses.com/some-days-offline-t5083.html

OK, here are some shots of that nice weekend. It was nice, although we all were kind of ill.

My daughter and me. Photo taken by my dad with his Olympus.

A short series with the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35

My wife and daughter in a snowball fight with my dad (not in the pic, obviously).
Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/35 again.

Willingen, Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24

Olympus Zuiko 3.5/135

That's me, taking a shot with my Minolta Hi-Matic F. Photo taken by my dad with his Olympus.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing - I particularly like 2 and 4.

Still no snow in my part of the country... Sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Still no snow in my part of the country... Sad

Neither is in our area which is only about 1 1/2 hrs driving from Willingen... Confused

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 1 & 9 best - please pass on my congratulations to your father! Wink

Seriously, No 5 (of the lake) is my fave. It looks very cold, no wonder you felt grim.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Seriously, No 5 (of the lake) is my fave. It looks very cold, no wonder you felt grim.

Seriously 1 & 9 are nicely composed - it must be in the genes Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
peterqd wrote:

Seriously 1 & 9 are nicely composed - it must be in the genes Smile

Very Happy My dad doesn't know a lot about computers, digital files "and stuff", but he has used cameras for more than 40 years now...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 1 and 9 for me also, but also #7

-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series Carsten
of course I prefer #1#6#9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, MF guys, 1 and 9 are shot with an Olympus SP-350 digital compact cam and cropped afterwards (in #1 to a square and in #9 to get me into the "golden" place.) Wink

My personal fav is (apart from No.1 and the pic with my wife and daughter, of course) No. 4.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you've got more snow there than we have got here in Southern Finland -- suits me Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, these are all REALLY beauties, not only in articulation, but beauties in memories. Your daughter is GORGEOUS.

The lenses sure do show their mettle; wow, so crisp and clear - just like the weather!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the image of the snow on the old fencepost - but that one is a great tome of minimalistic structure. The snow on the post is full of gentle gradations, and then it simply falls off into a sort of shimmering meltdown on its right edge. It's amazing how the camera and lens (and photographer) captured that detail. The falloff (bokeh) is just outstanding. This particular image is one of those that "stays with you", and I think it would make a great enlargement.

I also am partial to the image of your wife and daughter with the snowball. A very happy image full of life.

GREAT work on all of these. It looks like your lens choices were successful!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much, Laurence, for your very kind words.

Laurence wrote:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned the image of the snow on the old fencepost ...

That's my fav shot, too. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like #1 and #5 ! First one is excellent capture, very nice family picture.