Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more castle shots...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Some more castle shots... Reply with quote

This is another shot taken in the castle of "Rauischholzhausen".

I probably will have to teach a class on post production freeware in October.
So I played around with Paint.NET a bit... Wink

This photo is supposed to look like shot with a film camera:

Others will follow...

C.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the main difference for which one would say this is not a film camera photo, is the high contrast areas.
I am thinking of the window's edge at the right of the photo, it is surrounded by almost black areas, I'd say that many if not all real films would have suiffered from some "bleeding" of light into the surrounding dark grains.
With digital I have noticed that it is much rarer to have this bleeding effect, it can happen with pixels also, but it's more typically a chemical effect.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, Orio, and I agree.
(BTW, this is no window, it's a simple wall.)
I think that it is not really possible to simulate a film shot perfectly, you only can get very close.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this shot - it is like a still from a silent movie. Really interesting light and texture.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this, especially the grain. it actually looks right.