Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some crapy AF images from Canary islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Some crapy AF images from Canary islands Reply with quote

This pictures taken with Nikon D50+kit lens, and Olympus compact. Quality is crap, but I hope they will interesting for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is definitely you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The others are really out of your normal style. That kit lens is "good value" to quote the pundits, but still soft and leaves something to be desired in the saturation.

Hope you had a good time

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is a great capture regardless of IQ.

As Patrick says the others aren't what I'd expect from you - the style is quite different. Nice shots though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy??? How high is your queality standard?!! Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! I like these captures and really don't like lens IQ. I meant crappy for image quality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D50 ist a very good and underestimated camera, but of course the kit lens is a piece of shit.

Going for AF lenses, I can definately recommend 2 Nikkors, the AF-Nikkor 24mm F2,8(D) and the AF-Nikkor 28-105mm F3,5-4,5D IF. Both are very good performers, the 24mm ist really cheap to get (120€ for a very good one). Last year, I visited Venice for a weekend, and all the 1060 photos have been taken with the 24 AF. It´s already pretty good wide open, so you can still do alot with low light.
Btw, don´t care about the bad reputation of this lens, all this relies simply on a single test at photozone.de.

At time, I will post some example shots, but I´m rather stressed right now.

Greetings
Benedikt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you have enjoyed your time in the Canary Islands. More than 3000 km from here, but part of my country. Very Happy

For sure you have been in the Loro Parque, the Parrot's paradise in Tenerife.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pictures taken 2 yrs ago. I would MOVE THERE!!! I love Spanish people more than any others and their beautiful Islands Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first picture is exceptional - I already seen it somewhere (maybe you gave me a link Attila?). Is that bird flying to you even if he did not know you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I published the first time here. It was a show in Palmitos Park Gran Canaria. Parrots fly in open places from they maintenance person to strangers. We were lucky with this shoot as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is a classic case where 'getting the shot' is far more important than 'what you shot with'.

I was in Tenerife (Playa de los Americas) last summer; not my idea of a holiday destination but it was an extended family meetup. I saw small green parrots. Not large red ones like this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

small ones living freely there big ones only in captivity unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry - the very large cockatoos living wild in Australia make the most godawful racket. Look pretty though Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing