Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Elitar 75mm f1.9 Zebra
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Soligor Elitar 75mm f1.9 Zebra Reply with quote

Here's another cine Soligor. It seems to be the tipping point from inch to mm as the construction looks pretty much the same as the 3 inch zebra

Couple of shoots wide open

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens seems to be also a very good performer (at least in good hands!)......and I will never get boring to see beautiful portraits from your lovely "model" Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
This lens seems to be also a very good performer (at least in good hands!)......and I will never get boring to see beautiful portraits from your lovely "model" Very Happy ....

+1 makes any lens to looking good!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
pich900 wrote:

+1 makes any lens to looking good!

Ha ha, I need to find other objects Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
[
Ha ha, I need to find other objects Wink

Oh NO, please don't change anything Laughing ......

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, please shoot your better half with the lens cap on. It's too distracting! Laughing Laughing

I want to see more examples though. The lens looks promising, if a little lowish in contrast (no problem of course).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be an excellent lens as well.

And your wife/girlfriend? She's definitely very attractive!
She could be an actress, really.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice one, too Lars!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for kind words Wink

I don't know why, but I've been kind of hung up in these short tele C-mounts, and the Soligors are my favorites.

Ingrid is my wife's name, and she is always there for me when I'm testing my gear. I'll tell her about the brag on the forum, again... Wink

I'll post some more later, like I usually do with my threads. I updated the silver Soligor 3 inch thread today with a pet shoot! Razz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice too. I see a bit of "Petzval like" swirl in the BG?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portrait but it's really a shame to hide these so beautiful eyes behind sunglasses, even if it's Ray-ban one's Rolling Eyes .....
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Great portrait but it's really a shame to hide these so beautiful eyes behind sunglasses, even if it's Ray-ban one's Rolling Eyes .....
Very Happy

Laughing Laughing haha yes. left this for other woman with less beautiful eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, you guys never stop Wink

@klaus
It could be a Petzval design for what I know. Two doublet lenses with an aperture stop in between. Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I guess that's what it is...a Petzval.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two doublet lenses usually mean that the lens is a Rapid Rectilinear (called "Aplanat" in Europe). A true Petzval has two airspaced back elements and two glued front elements (a doublet indeed).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great samples!

Interestingly enough, I seem to have the same lens, but it is branded "Panasonic Television Lens" instead.

Actually, as a Panasonic camera user, this is my only "own brand" MF lens! Smile Or, at least, I haven't come across any other manual focus Panasonic lenses...

I wonder who made these lenses, and are there even more brands? And what is the age of these? For a while I thought this lens could be made by Fuji, as the general image quality was quite similar to my Fujinon-TV 75mm f/1.8 lens. But the construction is different, as is the (nominal) maximum aperture, so I really don't think they are the same... There is a remote possibility, that this could be even actually made by Panasonic (/Matsushita), which is anyway a big optical manufacturer.

In use, my lens is quite contrasty and delivers saturated colors. There seem to be a bit of a field curvature, and some mild swirl, making this lens ideal for centrally placed objects that can get the "pop-out" treatment. Used carefully, even some "3D"-type effects are also possible, thanks to the field curvature and the swirl.

What is the serial number scheme on your lens? Mine is #15753, so five digits.

sami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaahhi wrote:
Thanks for the great samples!

Interestingly enough, I seem to have the same lens, but it is branded "Panasonic Television Lens" instead.

Actually, as a Panasonic camera user, this is my only "own brand" MF lens! Smile Or, at least, I haven't come across any other manual focus Panasonic lenses...

I wonder who made these lenses, and are there even more brands? And what is the age of these? For a while I thought this lens could be made by Fuji, as the general image quality was quite similar to my Fujinon-TV 75mm f/1.8 lens. But the construction is different, as is the (nominal) maximum aperture, so I really don't think they are the same... There is a remote possibility, that this could be even actually made by Panasonic (/Matsushita), which is anyway a big optical manufacturer.

What is the serial number scheme on your lens? Mine is #15753, so five digits.

sami

Hi Sami!

Nice samples there Wink

This lens is most common in the brand Cosmicar, but can be found in many different brands too! Very Happy First time I see Panasonic!

I know Pentax made some Cosmicar lenses, but I don't have a clue if they made this one, or like you said, maybe Fuji or Matsushita did.

Serial on mine is #14737, so a little older than yours probably.

About age, it's just guessing, but I believe it is from the seventies Wink

There are many different versions, I have 5 C-mounts Soligors in the 75mm segment and the oldest looks like it is from the fifties.

- Lars