Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Soligor 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I have managed to hang on to these 3 Soligors. My close favorite Soligor of these three has quickly become the one on the right. The other 2 having f 2.8 as their widest aperture value.

Images with this lens mounted on a Sony Alpha 700-mostly wide open.

Have a nice day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever figure out what the one on the right is ?

The other two are Tamrons apparently, from different eras.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From side view only. A challange. Very Happy

Left, T code Tamron,Middle,Y code Komura, Right R code Itoh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Did we ever figure out what the one on the right is ?

The other two are Tamrons apparently, from different eras.

I don't have a clue-maybe Walter has figured it out. He has been diligently researching and deducing these Soligors with the input from members here.
Very Happy
walter g wrote:
From side view only. A challange.

Left, T code Tamron,Middle,Y code Komura, Right R code Itoh.

Yes the 2 on the left, according to your deduction you are right. The one on the right I don't recall any "maker id " from you. Am I right?

Heres an image of the front -name ring

revers wrote:
Lovely images.

Thank you. Testament to the Port Authority's Parks progam doing a great job maintaining the flowers on the harbor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered your thread on the center lens. The one on the right I've not seen before.
I doubt it's an Itoh lens, bad guess on my part, because it dosen't have the red diamond.

I like the way the lens renders.A code was identified earlier as Komura built.If it is Komura made it should have the same style appeture blades as the center lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the one on the right is also a Tamron. The one on the left was one half of the Tamron twin-tele f2.8 and the one on the right was one half of the twin-tele f4.5

My Tamron f4.5 is a really tiny little lens. My copy never fails to give me good photos.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one from left is genuine Kawanon! Lucky find. Could you post more photos?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the two first also. The f3.5 seems like an interesting lens indeed Wink

The samples are great! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I remembered your thread on the center lens. The one on the right I've not seen before.
I doubt it's an Itoh lens, bad guess on my part, because it doesn't have the red diamond.

I like the way the lens renders.A code was identified earlier as Komura built.If it is Komura made it should have the same style appeture blades as the center lens.

It has a 15 blade aperture like my other Komuras. But the maker is still a mystery. I have seen this lens in 3 places online in the last 4 yrs. Jims Camera in Seattle still has a copy last time I checked.

martyn_bannister wrote:
IMHO the one on the right is also a Tamron. The one on the left was one half of the Tamron twin-tele f2.8 and the one on the right was one half of the twin-tele f4.5

My Tamron f4.5 is a really tiny little lens. My copy never fails to give me good photos.

You are right the one on the left is the lens Tamron sold as the Converto. It appears they sold the 135 portion of it alone too.

Link /F2.8

Now the lens on the right is a f3.5 and I have not any evidence anywhere that its part os the Tamron Twin Tele which was a f4.5 BTW and which you say you have. Theres one being offered Ebay currently .

The lens on the right has a very crude bakelite like coating everywhere its black.
Link F/4.5

I'd love to see images from your F4.5- can you post some up? There was another member another who had a copy of this lense. Very Happy

Nordentro wrote:
I have the two first also. The f3.5 seems like an interesting lens indeed

The samples are great!

It does in that it always raises the curiosity as to "original manufacturer"

Pancolart wrote:
First one from left is genuine Kawanon! Lucky find. Could you post more photos?

photos of lens-Kwanon? Please note Serial number on namering -its Tamron built Very Happy

and and image made with the lens

Thanks all

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, didn't spot that the one on the right is a f3.5. Sorry, not the Twin-Tele then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this with the first soligor (T#) last winter Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a cat built for winter, and a very nice picture of it.

I took my old Solly 135 out today, and it pleased me immensely.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I took this with the first soligor (T#) last winter Wink

Lovely , furry cat.

martyn_bannister wrote:
Ooops, didn't spot that the one on the right is a f3.5. Sorry, not the Twin-Tele then.

No probs. Very Happy
Quote:
That is a cat built for winter, and a very nice picture of it.

I took my old Solly 135 out today, and it pleased me immensely.

Gotta give it a work out once in a while Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added my final Soligor 135. That completes my wanted Soligor 135. The last one being a Fujita made Soligor 135mm f3.5 in M42

Some sample images ,taken @f3.5:

Adios

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, last Soligor was also nice Wink

I have a old 135mm f3.5, tamron built (also good)

Earlier post her

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
wow, last Soligor was also nice Wink

I have a old 135mm f3.5, tamron built (also good)

Earlier post her

Thanks it is needing a coat of paint inside- but appears to perform well regardless. I have seen some very nice samples of the older Tamron made Soligor 135s- they are no slouches. Very Happy

Regards