Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 135mm f4.5 TWIN-TELE (225mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Tamron 135mm f4.5 TWIN-TELE (225mm) Reply with quote

What a little gem the postman has brought.

I certainly have never seen a Tamron lens like this before now. Any guesses as to age?

All the bits...

come in a leather case. When fully assembled it's a 225mm telephoto about 15cm in length

with almost circular aperture...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early sixties Smile

I used mine in France a couple of years back...gives some nice vintage results Wink

Sunflowers with the Sony a100 and Tamron Twin Tele 135/4.5 by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Early sixties Smile

I used mine in France a couple of years back...gives some nice vintage results Wink

Sunflowers with the Sony a100 and Tamron Twin Tele 135/4.5 by ManualFocus-G, on Flickr

Very nice SmileSmile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, thanks. The teleconverter bit is, er, not brilliant though!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked That is what I call antique! But it still produces nice photos!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of samples taken on a grey, cold day....
All pretty much wide open (f4.5)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this one too, I like this lens a lot Wink

And wow, so many bits you have Very Happy
Exakta and m42 mounts?!? The sunshade must be handy!

Here is mine:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow with the doubt. Why TC with 1,6 x ?

Physics or technology limits to do a good TC in this time. Well, why not 1,5x or 1,4 x to lose only one aperture.

It has to be measured !!! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC must be 1.66666666...7?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing on the side of the TC says 1:7.7 No idea of the maths needed to work out what aperture loss this represents. Haven't tried my TC yet.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Just to make you jealous, I think I have every bit it ever came with, including the custom case. There are all the caps (screw-in metal ones) as well as the two mounts and the sunshade. A little gem Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 1:7.7 is the aperture you get when using the tcon not the multiplyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
I think the 1:7.7 is the aperture you get when using the tcon not the multiplyer

Ah! Thanks very much. I was wondering.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was a Soligor branded version too, I have always wanted one but I've been waiting for a complete one with all the extras!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Just to make you jealous, I think I have every bit it ever came with, including the custom case. There are all the caps (screw-in metal ones) as well as the two mounts and the sunshade. A little gem Smile

Sad alright, I have at least the two most important pieces, the TC and the m42 screw mount Wink

This lens fascinate me, it's one of those weird lenses I just have to look at over and over again, so different.

I'm curious about how much money you had to spend for the lens with all the pieces? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

This lens fascinate me, it's one of those weird lenses I just have to look at over and over again, so different.

I'm curious about how much money you had to spend for the lens with all the pieces? Very Happy

It's a neat little thing. Looks a bit out of place on my 5D but it's very cute. I like zebra lenses, so I had to pay just under £20 (inc shipping) for it off flea-bay. It's going on the middle shelf of the cabinet amongst my "never get rid of these" lenses Smile. Grease inside is almost solid but I don't really want to take it apart to clean it because this is one I'd rather not butcher.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good deal! Wink I had to pay 13.5GBP on ebay + 7GBP for shipping to Norway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel this is the earlier Duo-Tamron, the Twin-Tele is a later version with a 135/2.8 base lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
I feel this is the earlier Duo-Tamron, the Twin-Tele is a later version with a 135/2.8 base lens.

It definitely says "TWIN-TELE" around the front of the barrel on mine. Maybe it is a transition between the two?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron marked their lenses differently for different markets, I have also seen samples marked "Converto" too; it's just better to be more specific, to tell between the two very different versions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOTH types (2.8 and 4.5) went under several names

"Converto" - I have both the 4.5 and the 2.8 sets under this name.
"Twin Tele"
"Duo-Tamron"

Maybe more

And then there are the ones with merchants brands - Taika, Spectra, etc.
Soligor too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circa 1958, model 280. The earliest ones had feet only, no meters. What's the serial no.? The earliest I have seen is 42XXX. I have seen Twin-Teles & Convertos

I also have the complete set, even including instructions!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

precertvideo wrote:
Circa 1958, model 280. The earliest ones had feet only, no meters. What's the serial no.? The earliest I have seen is 42XXX. I have seen Twin-Teles & Convertos

Serial on mine is a bit later - No43612 - only marked in feet. Unfortunately I don't have the instructions Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
precertvideo wrote:

Serial on mine is a bit later - No43612 - only marked in feet. Unfortunately I don't have the instructions Sad

Wow, that's pretty early, mine is No. 51985, and has both feet and meters Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is No. 51671, and also has both feet and meters.

Here is a picture of the Soligor version, luisalegria your right with names, this is the " twin-convertible".