Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 200mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: SMC Takumar 200mm f4 Reply with quote

It has impressive performance even at wide open, all shoots taken at wide open. Light weight, it has good flair resistance, very nice lens, highly recommended.
full size images are here

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That first pic! Just... P-E-R-F-E-C-T! Light and colors... everything is just right!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had double luck with this nice guy and this lens both, he or she as usual never go outside from the house. This was the first time when I saw him for a sort while.I really proud about this picture. Thanks Riku!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit many photography message boards and I rarely see a perfect shot like that. Maybe you should make a framed print and give/sell it to the zoo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks mate!I love to photograph animals better than anything else, especially to make portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Tak are top line MF lenses (for me)... Even Tak lenses are top notch. Sometimes, Tak and SMC tak differentiate like modern lenses and old german/Eastern bloc lenses.
SMC tak 200mm f4 is tak sharp, light, low CA.. all good stuff needed...
but old Tak 200mm f3.5 "preset" lens is sharp (may not be of this level), has some CA, but a "beauty". If you get a chance to get hold of this lens (preset), dont miss the opportunity. Its a heavy beast.
Sometimes I am surprised, why not even one modern lens manufacturer is making 200mm prime lenses. the 50's-'60s lenses beats most of current (even top) zoom covering this range hands down...
Shame to these corporation.. Laughing Twisted Evil
and good for us Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if the representatives of the big companies of today like Canon or Nikon could take a look at the figures of the used lens sales on Ebay, they would be impressed, and probably get something to meditate about.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big companies meditate on profit only, they don't care the quality just if absolutely need for selling. If I read forums how money "smart ass" out there they said czj flektogon not perform well on DSLR etc. They eat marketing as well, people who has brain very limited just look the election in USA or here in Hungary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Sometimes I am surprised, why not even one modern lens manufacturer is making 200mm prime lenses.

@ Ballu: Canon make a 200mm prime; the EF2.8/200L.

Attila wrote:
If I read forums how money "smart ass" out there they said czj flektogon not perform well on DSLR etc.

@ Attila: I've read a post on one forum where the Flek 4/20 was described as being "substandard"....

I've also read posts on other marque specific forums about WA distortion and that "there's nothing you can do about it".

I also recall a post on the same forum as above where a member showed a Flek 35 mounted on his DSLR and who was then completely ignored for his sins...

Talk about being blinkered... Confused

And I wonder what they would make of us lot here....? Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob
with some justification they would regard everyone here as plain nuts. Have you seen how some other forums are just places where they post about the latest, greatest most expensive toys they have just got (must be first on block with it). Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Bob
with some justification they would regard everyone here as plain nuts.

Yeah, and I'm proud of it! Twisted Evil

Michael