Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sisters II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Sisters II Reply with quote

Not in B&W this time.

Guido

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting I not like B&W pictures, but I vote for B&W instead of this colour pictures. This pic is excellent too and kids are so cute, but I have feeling B&W was more artistic to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He, just when Attila prefers the bw-Version I do the contrary. Very Happy
I like this one more, the contrasts are better in my opinion. Very nice portrait.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael Laughing !

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer B&W and I will explain why.

I have a theory.

In my opinion, colour adds sweetness to images. Whereas black and white detracts sweetness.
Colours are a powerful emotional vehicle.

Now, in my opinion, there is "so much" of sweetness one can hold in a picture. Every genre has it's own right measure of sugar, just like cooking (I always say photography to me is a lot like cooking).

So in the kitchen, you have to find the right amount of sweetness for the dishes. Even when cooking sweets, you have to have a measure. Too much sweet, and it will kill the taste.
And of course, too less, it will make the taste poor.

In my opinion, this image is extremely sweet in the sole subject. What purer love is, than the one of a little sister for her bigger daughter?
The subject itself, is very moving and sweet.

The black and white, in my opinion, by taking away the sweetness of the colours, sets the right measure for the image. If you are a human being with normal feelings, you must be moved by the subject itself, you don't need "addictives". So the black and white is like that liiittle grain of salt that the great cooks sometimes put in their sweets, to find the right balance of the taste.

The colour, in this specific image, in my opinion, is the one sugar spoon too much.

This is why I prefer B&W in this case.