Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 30mm F2.8 AF for Sony Nex 1st shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Sigma 30mm F2.8 AF for Sony Nex 1st shots Reply with quote

Well after having seen a few shots on dpreview, and the reviews i have been reading i decided that i was going to buy this new lens.
Postman has just left it and decided to just go up to the park and take a few test shots to see how well it performs.
Cost £150 brand new quite small on the Nex but seems to perform brilliantly
Auto adjust applied in aperture and thats it
Sorry they are very boring images and not exciting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more as the sun came out i was trying to make the lens flair and trust me this thing is very flare resistant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some real crackers in there Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a very good lens for this price. Congrats and have a lot of fun with your new lens.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitively recommend this lens to any NEX User. An amazing glas. I love mine a lot.
Will show some pics from the weekend later.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you for sharing! It seems a very good lens.Have you used the HDR of the NEX for some of these pictures?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
There's some real crackers in there Cool

Agree, congrats with the new lens!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these, the lens seems to perform really well, looks sharp and contrasty and the bokeh is surprisingly nice, especially when you consider the price. Im a big fan of the 45mm focal length so its a bit of a no brainer for me, I'll be getting one in the next week or two I think!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the HDR and its is just as good, I will post a few samples below\
But none of the above where HDR
The thing that surprises me the most is how sharp it is at F2.8 indoors and can produce an amazing 3d render like nothing i have seen.
I recon that soon Sigma will realize they have underpriced this great lens, and i love the focal length, I thought i needed a wider lens but dont seem to miss it

in camera HDR samples

3D ish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results .I like it. I am debating if to go with the 19mm or with this 30mm for a AF combo with my NEX3 .Just have to decide myself if I want a 28mm or 45mm (FF eq) . To be honnest , I'd prefere a 35 , but the Sony 24mm /1.8 is way too much money .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some examples shot with the EX 2.8/30:

Chain by LucisPictor, on Flickr

Wetzlar (Dom) by LucisPictor, on Flickr

sw_auktion1 by LucisPictor, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucis lovely examples that chain and boulder look very 3d.
This lens has replaced so many lenses in my lineup at the moment i am sad to say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples, as you're good photographers,
but the lens looks "autofocus" to me...
Don't know how to explain... very smooth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
This lens has replaced so many lenses in my lineup at the moment i am sad to say.

Yes, indeed. I also kind of regret that. As Goethe says: "Two souls are living in my breast". Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add a quick example if I may, its a great little lens this one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered this lens for my NEX. It's now down in price to £99.00 in the UK. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These samples shows how great this lens can perform.

One thing i want to share with you NEX owners with this lens is: blow away the dust of your old handheld exposure meter: all the photos at the 1st serie is 1 stop at least overexposed - the boring series, i mean - which is not that boring for me. The other photos taken by eddieitman for me, naturally, are less overexposed but are also. It doesn't hurt. If i'm wrong, you can beat me - i remember a joke tolld by my father about Socrates - the philosopher, when someone told him "man, they are talking so bad about you that you could be horrified. And he says: when not being there there they can beat me if they want.

Smile

Renato