Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung NX - any experience?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Samsung NX - any experience? Reply with quote

Hi

Has anyone here had any experience with this cam?

I think it could be nice to try one Smile

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read reports what and conclusion wasn't too nice, I think Samsung in deep sh* he couldn't come into market in time... before Sony. I see no reason to buy SAMSUNG if I can buy for more/less money a SONY what is perhaps better camera too. (I am unsure)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read several comparisons between the Samsung NX-10 and the NEX, and letting aside the viewfinder missing in the NEX cameras, the NX-10 seems to have an improved dynamic range over the NEX, being the NEX better in high ISO support.

For us, manual focusing lenses users, checked the availability of adapters, and there are many for the NX, although a little more expensive than the NEX ones.

Being the Samnsung of the G1-kind camera and having an APS-C sensor and a viewfinder, I'm seriously considering the NX5 or the NX10 to replace the Oly E-P1.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend of mine bought all type of mirror less camera, Nex-5, EP-1 and NX-10

he said NX-10 good as than Sony + it has FINDER!!! and better LCD back panel.

Adapter variety is less and perhaps register distance longer too than Sony.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that the NX-10 has basically the same sensor as the former Pentax K-7, and its noise control is not that good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
All I can say is that the NX-10 has basically the same sensor as the former Pentax K-7, and its noise control is not that good.

Thanks for pointing it out. I had a K-7 and I sold it because the poor sensor performance, so even having the NX10 a finder I think it's not the best solution... Sad

What about the NX100 sensor?. It has an optional viewfinder (same kind that the Lumix GF1)...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Thanks for pointing it out. I had a K-7 and I sold it because the poor sensor performance, so even having the NX10 a finder I think it's not the best solution... Sad

What about the NX100 sensor?. It has an optional viewfinder (same kind that the Lumix GF1)...

Regards.
Jes.

Jes, AFAIK the NX100 sensor is virtually the same. Samsung at the moment has lost the sensor "battle" to Sony, so I think the Sony series are a much better alternative. They seem to be well supported by lens adapter makers also.

Personally I'm waiting for the first FF non-SLR camera (not Leica because of the lack of Live View). Now that would be a camera I've been dreaming about for years Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found out the NX100 shares the same sensor with the NX10...
A pity!.

So the only *real* alternative fo APS-C DEVIL camera is the NEX line...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

Jes, AFAIK the NX100 sensor is virtually the same. Samsung at the moment has lost the sensor "battle" to Sony, so I think the Sony series are a much better alternative. They seem to be well supported by lens adapter makers also.

Right!. So my quest will end as soon as I find a cheap NEX-3 body Wink

wrote:

Personally I'm waiting for the first FF non-SLR camera (not Leica because of the lack of Live View). Now that would be a camera I've been dreaming about for years Smile

Me too, but it might take years as well Smile

Thanks for your comments and info.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys

am i missing something? how is it that the only 'real' EVIL choices are aps-c or nex line? is there so much dissatifaction with m4/3 cams?

from a hardware point of view, it seems to me hard to beat olly ep2/1L/2L, as they are very small and easy to carry, have adapters for virtually any lens ever made, and although optional, have the absolute best evf i have ever used or heard of. and then theres in body IS.

speaking not of tech specs but actual results, from what ive seen, all the ollys outperform the nex in low light. from a personal point of view, and this is totally subjective, the nex images ive seen are flat, dull colored, and seem to frequently blow out highlights.

i certainly concede that given the tech specs, perhaps the IQ comparisons should favor the aps-c/nex camp, but i personally just dont see yhat in the real world results ive viewed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aps-c is really wide compare with m4/3 I think this only benefit, I also beleive ISO and image quality on long distance shoots are better on NEX or NX.

I am using now same time G1 and Nex-3 this is my conclusion AND I MISS really evil finder from NEX-3 I simple hate focusing on black LCD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen to that attila! thats why i traded in my ep1 for the ep2.

as for the aps-c yielding better long distance shots, that may be so, i couldnt say as i only have the olly, but i do notice a big quality difference on long distance shots depending on the lens im using. some are awful and some are really great and tack sharp, and it doesnt always have to do with objective lens quality, so its hard to predict.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did pick-up Samsung NX today I did try ISO 6400 looks like ISO 800 on 4/3 Wink promising camera.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

he said NX-10 good as than Sony + it has FINDER!!! and better LCD back panel.

Better than the one of the NEX? Hardly imaginable.

The reason why I went for the NEX is the sensor plus the size of the cam plus the register distance.

When the NEX came out, I thought: "Oh my God! Who needs that? A tiny cam without a viewfinder and a crappy user interface. Not for me!"

But then I used it at the Photokina 2010 and liked it, was fascinated by its possibilities and looks.

Then saw images taken with the NEX and was amazed.

Finally I got one and updated the firmware which really improves handling a lot.

And now I love it!

Although I really like the design of the Oly and Panasonic µ4/3, as a fan of manual lenses I don't like the 2x crop and the noise of the (older) µ4/3 cams I know. It might be that the newer ones are better. But I am very satisfied with the NEX. The NEX with a decent viewfinder would be perfect, actually that would be a reason for me to sell my EOS 40D, I guess.

So as a manual lens fan you need:
- a Canon EOS 5D for the fullframe
- a NEX for the APS sensor with a short register distance and
- a µ4/3 for the c-mount lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

So as a manual lens fan you need:
- a Canon EOS 5D for the fullframe
- a NEX for the APS sensor with a short register distance and
- a µ4/3 for the c-mount lenses. Wink

- a Sigma body to capture those elusive color nuances (assuming there's enough light, that is) Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung NX11 with Voightlander 20/3.5 Color Skopar attached

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO 3200, AWB, JPEG, Ultron 40/2.0 wide open

Nikkor 50/1.2