Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian lenses serial number
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Russian lenses serial number Reply with quote

In serial number of Russian lenses first two digit means years ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Russian lenses serial number Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In serial number of Russian lenses first two digit means years ?

Yes, it should be that way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fellas, got a question that's OT. Attila in 20 more posts is going to grow
a fourth ball under his avatar. If you get a ball every 50 posts, there's
going to be a real crowd in that box in no time...just curious if it stretches
out in the higher # posts. Seriously, tho, I think 4 balls is 2 too much of
a good thing, that's just me tho. Laughing

Have a nice day, Very Happy

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level 1 10
Level 2 50
Level 3 100
Level 4 500
Level 5 1000

This is the current ranking settings, if looks not well set in your opinion, please let me know and I will change it , no problem. We can change it time to time as we growing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, Attila, I was being a wiseass anyway! Wink It does stretch
out in the higher numbers which is what I was hoping.

Regards,

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, we could also remove the balls alltogether. I don't think that a person's contribution to a forum is measured by the number of posts he makes, but by the quality of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this balls little more design on the surface I guess nothing else, but if you think this is wrong I am ready to remove it , no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like this balls little more design on the surface I guess nothing else, but if you think this is wrong I am ready to remove it , no problem.

For me it's not an important thing, you can leave them on. My personal preference would be for having neither the balls nor the posts count, but hey Attila, you host this forum on your server, so this is well something you have the right to decide about.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

For me it's not an important thing, you can leave them on. My personal preference would be for having neither the balls nor the posts count, but hey Attila, you host this forum on your server, so this is well something you have the right to decide about.

Ok Smile if you change your mind don't hesitate let me know and we will make common sense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the little spheres (rahter than "balls", right? Wink ).
I agree to Orio that the quality is most important, but the balls give a quick indication about a user's acitivity, don't they?

So, AFAIAC we should keep them.

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, thanks Carsten!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my 11A serial 777654 nice lucky number If I ever sell it I will make sure they know about it in the far east as they are very supersticous and this would be a very lucky lens!. Car number plates go for 10's of thousands with lucky numbers. In Chinese the number 4 is very bad luck as 4 is prounounced "say" which is the nearly the same word as death.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost spring here, go to take fresh shoots with this lens and let we see how lucky you with this lens Smile I don't believe in lucky numbers, but I know how important they are in Chinese culture.