Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

REVUE 400SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: REVUE 400SE Reply with quote

Hi,

few years ago I bought a bunch of different rangefinder cams (Canon, Minolta, Yashica etc) One of the cams is this one here, a Revue 400SE. This cam looks like Minolta, Konica or Vivitar.

Seems that there were 2 or 3 manufacturer (Chinon, Cosina, Niton ?) which have built these cams for the several brand names during the 70´s

Never used this cam. I found the cam today in one of my boxes and will give her a try within the next days. At first I have to look for a new battery.

I will post few images within this thread.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that has a konica c35 look to me. hope it does well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beautiful camera and the lens is supposedly pretty good. I've been looking on and off for one for about a year, without much luck.

As for batteries, zinc-air cells for hearing aids are very cheap and almost the perfect voltage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
It's a beautiful camera and the lens is supposedly pretty good. I've been looking on and off for one for about a year, without much luck.

As for batteries, zinc-air cells for hearing aids are very cheap and almost the perfect voltage.

Thanks for your tip. I will give them a try.

regards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was also sold as the Vivitar 35ES. A neat little camera.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it ... if you are lucky this good as many of them like Yashica Electro , Konica C35 or Canon QL 17 and it will blame your all SLR cameras Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this camera under the Vivitar brand. Actually, I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one. Sharp lens and a joy to use.

The meter is exactly a stop out with modern batteries so you just need to adjust the iso and it's fine. I actually find the meter to be the most accurate of all my cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is the same black one, arrived last Nov and i still not yet test it.
Everything of the camera looks fine, except i dont know if i need to set asa to more sensative points when shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:

Thanks for the info, how are they called in Italian? And where do you buy them, in electrical supplies stores or (sounds strange) in pharmacies?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are called 675 batteries. Sometimes you see a prefix with a Z for zinc-air, sometimes a description stating they are air-activated. They should cost less than 1€ each in packs of 6 or more.

I usually buy them from the nearby optician, but ask around I'm sure pharmacies often have them too. People using hearing aids go through quite a lot of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they work also for the Yashica Atom camera and for the Canonette QL17?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the Yashica, but the Canonet uses PX625 batteries, which are identical in all respects to 675 batteries, except for size: 625 batteries have a metal ring around the cell.

It's pretty easy to adapt a 675 battery where a 625 is needed, though: just fashion a ring of suitable size with a rubber ring (if there are no electrical contacts on side of the battery compartment), aluminum foil, copper wire, etc. Or buy one of the very cheap adapters which are just a brass ring of the right size.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own the Revue 400SE, Vivitar 35ES and the Konica Auto S3.
All three very good rangefinders, I believe they share the same optics.
Lens is top notch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Till I know, the maker of them were Nitto (also made the Konica C35 and the S3).

At the end of 70's they imported to Italy with Nitto name.

They had two models, the 2,8 and the 1,7 lenses. Komine ones?

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Will they work also for the Yashica Atom camera and for the Canonette QL17?

If physically fit into holder yes, I use QL 17 and many other cameras with zinc-air batteries. My rules is one roll one battery I found after one or two month even is needle move light meter is not trustworthy any more with Zinc air battery. Cheaper to use always fresh battery than cry on over exposed slides.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/revue-400-se-kodak-uc-iso-100-buda-castle-hungary-t33893,highlight,revue+400se.html

Here is my contribution if don't mind Rolf Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all !

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/revue-400se-1-7-40-fomapan-100-fomadon-lqn-t47172.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I used to own the Revue 400SE, Vivitar 35ES and the Konica Auto S3.
All three very good rangefinders, I believe they share the same optics.
Lens is top notch.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Rolf? Haven't seen him post in quite some time. I always liked his work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little camera, I've had many over the years, with the various different names attached. The nicest, IMHO, was the Ricoh 500G version, probably as it was an earlier version with slightly more metal in it.

They were all made by Cosina, and all had the same lens, despite what was written on the front.

I still have a couple of the Ricoh version in the drawer, all suffering failed meters (fairly common) Sad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Where is Rolf? Haven't seen him post in quite some time. I always liked his work.

I did ask same in January, he was on long holiday , but still no other news Sad