Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reversed Helios H44+ extension rings _macro sample on Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reversed Helios H44+ extension rings _macro sample on Nex Reply with quote

This combo is much lighter so easier to handled than my D700 but due to the lack of flash's control, I still prefer to use the Nikon for this kind of macro shots, anyway here is a first sample with the cheapy (reversed) Helios+extension rings+flash+diffuser on Nex 5n :

Thanks for looking Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pic.

On a side note, why would you reverse the lens if you're using tubes? As far as I know, lens reversing makes you're closest focusing distance decrease to the body's sensor registry distance right? When you use tubes you go much closer than that, shouldn't the tubes render that reversed lens advantage useless?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...and may be you are right, I just try to get the max macro magnification and to be honest, I did not try to set the lens on tubes without reversing the lens Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff again Very Happy

I wish we had pretty bugs in our gardens Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

Thanks Very Happy
This bug is quite small so not always easy to see it but I'm pretty sure you can also find some nice bugs in your garden. Very Happy ....
This is a quite cooperative bug, he let me get very close without moving and above that he lives almost in my garden so I have no merit at all Laughing...but I guess I must also find an other subject before to becomes boring with my macro shots (if it's not too late Very Happy ).....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice little one !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Thanks Very Happy
This bug is quite small so not always easy to see it but I'm pretty sure you can also find some nice bugs in your garden. Very Happy ....
This is a quite cooperative bug, he let me get very close without moving and above that he lives almost in my garden so I have no merit at all Laughing...but I guess I must also find an other subject before to becomes boring with my macro shots (if it's not too late Very Happy ).....

If we ever get dry weather again this year Rolling Eyes I'll be looking for bugs like this here. What is the distance between lens and subject?

Question #2 did you get a shot of your D700 set-up? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing what it looks like. Cool

Question #3 what's a Helios H44?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot, however I agree with your consideration about flash, it is important for these macros, in fact here the very flat lighting makes the picture lose depth. A good flash strike instead can give 3D.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice shot, however I agree with your consideration about flash, it is important for these macros, in fact here the very flat lighting makes the picture lose depth. A good flash strike instead can give 3D.

thanks Orio and 100% agree with that Smile

SonicScot wrote:
......... What is the distance between lens and subject?

probably around 5 cm!

SonicScot wrote:
......... Question #2 did you get a shot of your D700 set-up? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing what it looks like. Cool

no not yet, I will do it when I get some time....

SonicScot wrote:
......... Question #3 what's a Helios H44?

You are probably the only and last one on this forum who don't know the Helios 44 Laughing .....
https://www.google.fr/search?q=helios+44m&hl=fr&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=19naT-aqOIWK0AW54vHkCg&sqi=2&ved=0CGQQsAQ&biw=1407&bih=912#hl=fr&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=helios+H44&oq=helios+H44&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=img.12...9921.11600.0.13799.2.2.0.0.0.0.54.106.2.2.0...0.0.5JA_RIwUEW0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3d44a7f5ada20bc7&biw=1407&bih=912

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so the 'Helios H44' is simply a Helios 44-2 Razz I hadn't seen it written like that before so I thought it was a model of Helios I hadn't come across. My misunderstanding Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you are right, the "H" is indeed not so much use for this lens but more for his big brother H40 1.5/85mm .....