Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Registered shipping or not
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
.. but for small purchases, that extra $11.50 per lens quickly adds up... enough so that you could essentially not receive one in four lenses and still be ahead financially. Shocked

your point is right not only for small purchases: insured shipping from US to Italy often costs around $30-$40 .. this sum in most of cases vanish the saving in buying the same lens in US rather than in Europe Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had to wait in line at the Post Office for 1/2 hour and fill out extra forms

How many forms out of curiosity? I only have to fill out one Very Happy declare nothing inside is dangerous and that is it! I do take into account if you are posting multiple packages that would be annoying per item... Confused It's just part of the deal of using the postal system...where is the star trek beam me up beam.. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's usually only one form -- the small one. Unless the package weighs over four pounds, and then you get to fill out a big form that has six copies so you better press hard, so sometimes I end up filling out two forms per package if I'm not aware of its actual weight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Express Mail International where I go online, print out the customs
forms and pay the shipping which saves me $3-5USD doing it that way. Has
worked very well, right, Attila? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I like Express Mail International where I go online, print out the customs
forms and pay the shipping which saves me $3-5USD doing it that way. Has
worked very well, right, Attila? Laughing

Laughing Laughing YES!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I've tried to do the online label printing thing, something goes wrong with the process and I'm unable to complete it. If there's a wrong way to navigate through a menuing system, have no fear -- I'll find it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I use 'Click n Ship' on the USPS site, is that what you tried to use?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really -- it's that bastardized setup at eBay that switches you over to Paypal and which at some point I think switches you over to the USPS site. Somewhere along the way, things get messed up with my choices, and I'm never able to get what I want, so I just abandon it and grab a pen and write out addresses -- and then go camp out at the Post Office for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that ebaY and PayPal shipping options are more limited than at usps.com I get the address info from PayPal but go to usps.com to print labels & forms. More shipping method options, the best prices.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they have recently changed the system again so now you are doing the printing within ebay. I just shipped using the new system last week and this morning. Remember to enable popup though and it might be what's causing your problem?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave it to the buyer.

Shipping from Germany can be really expensive. But if someone buys something from me and decides for uninsured shipping, I tell him that he takes all the risk. No complaints afterwards!

Generally there are three ways of shipping from Germany to a country outside the EU (inside the EU it's not that expensive, that's why I prefer insured and tracked there).

1) Small package = no insurance, no tracking, ca. €14,- (depending on size and weight)
2) Regular package = insurance about €50,-, tracking, ca. €40,- (depending on size and weight)
3) Premium package = insurance about €500,-, tracking, even more expensive!

This is what a German seller has to pay, so there is no way of negotiating shipping costs.

That's why I recommend to buy more items at once, so that the relative shipping costs are lower (as per lens).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten how about mail costs? From here I can send anything in mail up to 2kg , package is lot more expensive.