Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RE Auto Topcor serial number and name ring description
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
The Silver one I have, with beauty ring; " RE,Auto-Topcor 1:1,8 f=5,8cm Tokyo Kogaku Japan 99005073 "
has one element more at the front than what is shown in any of the lens diagrams for a Topcor 58mm 1.8 at this page.

http://www.topgabacho.jp/Topconclub/lenscut.htm

On the 99005073 from front to rear side -> ( ( ((|)) )

Is that common knowledge or new information?

Thank your for the info.

The diagram you linked shows a RE. 6/4 scheme with 1-2|2-1 configuration aka Code 62B. This one is very similar to the older F 6/4 with the same 1-2|2-1 config.

According to the Topcon Story book, there was a change of design by splitting the first group. Resulting lens was a RE. 6/5 with 1-1-1|2-1 config aka Code 99B.

There was also an optical design called Code 129B with unknown config.

Your lens should belong to the Code 99B according to its sn.

Source:
Lightshow wrote:

Code 62B based on the F Auto-Topcor from: 620001 to 625115 (1963)
Code 99B new optics,2nd and 3rd elements were separated. from 99xxxxx to 9901920 (1964)
Code 116B new mechanicals, from 1160001 to 11608302 (1965)
Code 129B (black or chrome) optics changed again From: 1161xxxx to 11670435 last known (1966) I have the chrome version, awesome lens.
Code 129BD (Navy) from: 1165xxxx to 11650401 last known (1967)
Code 129BG AUTO-TOPCOR (black) from: 1168xxxx to 11685922 last known (1971)


PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:
The Silver one I have, with beauty ring; " RE,Auto-Topcor 1:1,8 f=5,8cm Tokyo Kogaku Japan 99005073 "
has one element more at the front than what is shown in any of the lens diagrams for a Topcor 58mm 1.8 at this page.

http://www.topgabacho.jp/Topconclub/lenscut.htm

On the 99005073 from front to rear side -> ( ( ((|)) )

Is that common knowledge or new information?

Thank your for the info.

The diagram you linked shows a RE. 6/4 scheme with 1-2|2-1 configuration aka Code 62B. This one is very similar to the older F 6/4 with the same 1-2|2-1 config.

According to the Topcon Story book, there was a change of design by splitting the first group. Resulting lens was a RE. 6/5 with 1-1-1|2-1 config aka Code 99B.

There was also an optical design called Code 129B with unknown config.

Your lens should belong to the Code 99B according to its sn.

Source:
Lightshow wrote:

Code 62B based on the F Auto-Topcor from: 620001 to 625115 (1963)
Code 99B new optics,2nd and 3rd elements were separated. from 99xxxxx to 9901920 (1964)
Code 116B new mechanicals, from 1160001 to 11608302 (1965)
Code 129B (black or chrome) optics changed again From: 1161xxxx to 11670435 last known (1966) I have the chrome version, awesome lens.
Code 129BD (Navy) from: 1165xxxx to 11650401 last known (1967)
Code 129BG AUTO-TOPCOR (black) from: 1168xxxx to 11685922 last known (1971)


Thank you. Whenever I take it apart again I will have a closer look at that 3rd element or first group. It did not look much like a single element the way it was encapsulated.


PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
y wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:
The Silver one I have, with beauty ring; " RE,Auto-Topcor 1:1,8 f=5,8cm Tokyo Kogaku Japan 99005073 "
has one element more at the front than what is shown in any of the lens diagrams for a Topcor 58mm 1.8 at this page.

http://www.topgabacho.jp/Topconclub/lenscut.htm

On the 99005073 from front to rear side -> ( ( ((|)) )

Is that common knowledge or new information?

Thank your for the info.

The diagram you linked shows a RE. 6/4 scheme with 1-2|2-1 configuration aka Code 62B. This one is very similar to the older F 6/4 with the same 1-2|2-1 config.

According to the Topcon Story book, there was a change of design by splitting the first group. Resulting lens was a RE. 6/5 with 1-1-1|2-1 config aka Code 99B.

There was also an optical design called Code 129B with unknown config.

Your lens should belong to the Code 99B according to its sn.

Source:
Lightshow wrote:

Code 62B based on the F Auto-Topcor from: 620001 to 625115 (1963)
Code 99B new optics,2nd and 3rd elements were separated. from 99xxxxx to 9901920 (1964)
Code 116B new mechanicals, from 1160001 to 11608302 (1965)
Code 129B (black or chrome) optics changed again From: 1161xxxx to 11670435 last known (1966) I have the chrome version, awesome lens.
Code 129BD (Navy) from: 1165xxxx to 11650401 last known (1967)
Code 129BG AUTO-TOPCOR (black) from: 1168xxxx to 11685922 last known (1971)


Thank you. Whenever I take it apart again I will have a closer look at that 3rd element or first group. It did not look much like a single element the way it was encapsulated.

Yeah, I'm sure their diagram is of the 62B, so yours will be different, 111|21 as was posted.


PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started a page at Camerapedia's wiki to add in the Exakta mount lenses that were nonexistent, it doesn't have all the serial # additions this thread has accumulated, and I need to format the info better/more consistently, I was getting burnt out so I just saved it as a work in progress, here's the link: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Topcon/Topcor_R%2C_F%2C_RE_lenses if anyone's interested.

If anyone comes across info for the following lenses, or the actual lenses, please let me know.
Topcor R 2.8cm f2.8 Preset
Topcor R 5cm f2.8 Preset
RE GN Topcor 35/1.8


PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work.

A UK seller on ebay has two Leotax TV RF cameras for sale with the Topcor 5cm 2.8 lenses, one cleanish if you don`t have one.

If I understand you are looking for the fabled prototype lenses and more info on them?


PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd be in heaven if they had released the 2.8cm and 5cm R's.


PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m not convinced the prottypes saw the light of day. There was an avid Dutch collector/repairman who passed away and I reckon if he didn`t have any then they may not exist.

His entire collection has been catalogued/valued by some chap who likes doing these things but not selling them i.e. it`s a very authentic looking but dummy site and the lenses are not actually for sale.

The lenses and cameras I am led to believe are all genuine and were his collection, it now looks to be completed. You may have encountered it on internet travels, but if not....

https://www.wesellyourcollection.com/topcon/about-the-colections/


PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive collection!


PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed.

It was the first place I had seen a black 25mm 3.5, I know one or two forum members have one now but it did make me think they were just black painted chrome ones due the scratches in his pictures.

I check back the collection every now and then but it now seems to be complete. Haven`t had time to go through his serial numbers for the benefit of this thread....if anyone is bored.....

EDIT-PS interestingly although you can`t buy via this website I note one of the two 85mm 1.8 s he had seems to have been sold, I imagine the author has some access to his surviving family or estate.


PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
I`m not convinced the prottypes saw the light of day. There was an avid Dutch collector/repairman who passed away and I reckon if he didn`t have any then they may not exist.

His entire collection has been catalogued/valued by some chap who likes doing these things but not selling them i.e. it`s a very authentic looking but dummy site and the lenses are not actually for sale.

The lenses and cameras I am led to believe are all genuine and were his collection, it now looks to be completed. You may have encountered it on internet travels, but if not....

https://www.wesellyourcollection.com/topcon/about-the-colections/

I don't think they were ever released, but they probably survive somewhere, in someones home, someone related to a Topcon employee.
I had come across the lens pages many times, I didn't know they're of an actual collection, now I'll have to browse the site, so thanks for enlightening me about it.

I was looking at this page https://www.wesellyourcollection.com/topcon/product/04-topcon-super-dm-navy-set-body-sn-7209270-with-unique-collection-of-5-black-topcor-navy-lenses-navy-re-auto-topcor-58mm-35mm-100mm-re-topcor-navy-135mm-and-navy-re-auto-topcor-zoom-85-200/

And I wondered if the N which I had assumed identified lenses built to NAVY spec, was actually a lens coating spec for the NAVY, has anyone seen an reference to it's meaning? I'm also curious about if this coating is reparations technology from Germany that end up on these lenses from the NAVY Dept, Does this N coating (if different) have Zeiss T technology or if it's a coating that Topcon came up with?And is it the same as their M coating on the RE GN?


PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I just joined. This is a great resource. Otherwise it's so hard to find information on Topcor.

I can contribute one new serial number to the initial list:

I own a "RE.Auto-Topcor 1:2.8 f=10cm Tokyo Kogaku Japan 752311" lens. (I did list all the digits - it only has 6). I browsed through the whole thread a bit fast, but couldn't find it mentioned before. I hope this is true. Maybe it's a preproduction model?

Also I can report that I own one of the (seemingly rare) 1.8/58s with s/n 9901... .