Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder photos of Marburg...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder photos of Marburg... Reply with quote

Hi!

Just follow this link to have a look at some recent rangefinder photos taken by me with a FED-3b (Industar-61 L/D and Jupiter-Cool or a Minolta Hi-Matic.

Click here...

Some in colour some in b&w.

The special thing about it, I shot these without a meter. The Hi-Matic choses aperture and exposure automatically (just like a real p'n's). With the FED-3b I followed the "sunny-16" rule... Well, it worked!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Rangefinder photos of Marburg... Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hi!

Just follow this link to have a look at some recent rangefinder photos taken by me with a FED-3b (Industar-61 L/D and Jupiter-Cool or a Minolta Hi-Matic.

Some in colour some in b&w.

The special thing about it, I shot these without a meter. The Hi-Matic choses aperture and exposure automatically (just like a real p'n's). With the FED-3b I followed the "sunny-16" rule... Well, it worked!

All of these are very good, Carsten, you have a good eye! Your Minolta
Hi-Matic in "A" mode does a great job and i imagine it's like my Oly 35RC,
if my shutter speed is incorrect it won't shoot the picture. (?) Or does it
do both? My Oly 35RC in Automatic or Aperture mode, I still have to
manually select for shutter speed. Good scans!

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rangefinder photos of Marburg... Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
All of these are very good, Carsten, you have a good eye! Your Minolta
Hi-Matic in "A" mode does a great job and i imagine it's like my Oly 35RC,
if my shutter speed is incorrect it won't shoot the picture. (?) Or does it
do both? My Oly 35RC in Automatic or Aperture mode, I still have to
manually select for shutter speed. Good scans!

Bill

Thanks, Bill!

I've got the Minolta Hi-Matic F, there is only full automatic mode. I sometimes miss more possibilities, but then I really use it at a point'n'shoot!
For "experiments" I've got my FED-3b...

Yes, I'm very satisfied with the local lab that scans my films and they do it for a fair price: € 3,- for a roll of 24 pics. That's not too bad, I guess.

BTW, there were some funny faces when they saw me running around not with just one but two "old" cameras... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice grabs Carsten. My vote goes to the second stairs picture (the one with the ivy). B&W is perfect for it.