Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with my Planer 50/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Problem with my Planer 50/1.7 Reply with quote

My contax mount ziess planer T* 50mm f/1.7 is having a problem.

One of its screws has been unscrewed, some internal screw that i can't see.
Now the front filter ring, now displaced from one side.

My guess is there are two screws, one of them has been lost (i can hear the screw moving loose inside the lenses when i move the lense up & down, but I can't see it).
The lense is not suffering in performance though, it focuses normally.

I want to fix the lens it is a good idea to do it by myself.
And any guide as how to do it ?

These are the pics of error & normal photo for comparison

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Ring Reply with quote

I am shooting in the dark but I think - the operative word "think", that if you unscrew the front out( but not completely out )further and then tip it down- you may find a metal/ring/washer of sorts that will slide down the front tube-( gap between the front tube and the focusing tube) you may have to shake it to make it slide down. If its that ring it must be gently straightened ,aligned back over the the tube, then the tube screwed back, slowly. That ring must go all the way down over that tube and rest on the bottom of the tube on a ridge that the tube has, it may have slipped over that ridge preventing you to focus all the way out- hence the difference in the gap. I hope I understood you well enough.

If its a screw loose inside-I would try and shake the screw out through the back i.e. if its a screw it should be obvious and drop down. Then its time to unscrew the back , remembering/documenting where each component and screw comes from.Take the back off and see where the screw came from; so you know where it comes from.

Did you buy this used? Theres a lot of modified or modification attempted Planars out there. I hope this is helpful. If not I am sure you will find help.

Its to your benefit to take it to an expert repairer,before you muck it up,-it can get quite challenging if you have not done it before. Unless you want to make it a learning project.

I would also wait here to see if anyone here responds -there's a lot of knowledgeable people here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is now resolved..
Got some help here http://forum.mflenses.com/infinity-tune-for-contax-lens-t7011.html

@Kathmandu : Thanks for the help, it turned to be much easier.
The screw was in the front ring with the name/lable. So didn't have to go all the way back.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late now, but for anyone else looking for similar info, I have some info on stripping one of these at www.monopix.co.uk/zeiss50mm.shtml