Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PORTRA 800 @ dusk and night portraits with opened aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: PORTRA 800 @ dusk and night portraits with opened aperture Reply with quote

Lab scan, processing and PP (now I realized that every film which they process for me is additionally corrected... in meaning of colours and hue even at some contrast maybe sharpening - was dissapointment for me as daydreamer)
FUJICA ST801 - really hard task for this simple camera (spot metering with AF SLR eos 50E)
...for me great experience how to shot or rather hard to shot good samples at bad light with expensive film (not even Pro film can't help you in such conditions)

CZJ mc Flektogon 35/2.4 open @2.4 ~1/30

CZJ mc Sonnar 135/3.5 open @3.5 1/125 (spot met.)

[C&C] Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they're lovely; completely different lighting situations ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lighting is very good in the first one, great mood, but too much contrast.

In the second one, I don't like the heavy shadow cast by the nose and eye bones, I think the image would need some fill, or a different model position.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Orio wrote:
lighting is very good in the first one, great mood, but too much contrast.

Confess at that contrast. It looks like they don't know how to make less conntrast pics. I should ask.

Orio wrote:
In the second one, I don't like the heavy shadow cast by the nose and eye bones, I think the image would need some fill, or a different model position.

I have shot from another position with better light in face but there is lack of sharpness, because of critical shutter. Latter I add next ones for demonstration.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first is a wonderful portrait, there's something around the face that's candy for the eye. While I don't mind the contrast too much, less would be better. You could try a curves adjustment?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mysterious light on the second = amazing result. nice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Yeap now I done some PP also with contrast. Have a look.

CZJ mc Sonnar 135/3.5 @5.6 ~500

CZJ mc 135/3.5 @3.5 1/125 (spot met.)

CZJ mc 35/2.4 @2.4 1/30 (spot met.)

CZJ mc 135/3.5 @3.5 1/125 (spot met.)
this last one is what I writen about... looks sharp enough also another light