Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst WW Auto H 1.8/35 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Porst WW Auto H 1.8/35 MC Reply with quote

What a name! Rolling Eyes

I have recently seen some nice shots with this lens. Reason enough for me to try it again, since I had not been amazed by it.

My mum is visiting us at the moment (my dad has just had an operation and got a hip joint endoprosthesis). So, I took my cam (350D) and mounted this Porst 1.8/35.

Here are some quick snapshots (ISO400, ambient light, all wide open @f1.8, JPEG, straight from the cam, just resized down to 800):

My son playing with his grandma.

"Hello, Constantin!"

My daughter realizing that her mum is coming back from the supermarket:

Actually, I do not remember why I did not like this lens!
Perhaps, I was not good at focussing manually when I got it, but I am sure it will be in my bag more often now...

It is pretty nice to have a wide angle lens with which you can make use of narrow DoF. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Carsten, your son is growing fast! And becoming a superstar.
Actually, both of your children are out-of-ordinary beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Orio!
Your words make the heart of a proud father melt. Very Happy

I also think that my kids are really cute. But I cannot be objective.
I guess they got their good looks from their mom (because I still have mine). Razz Laughing Embarassed
No just kidding, of course.

We are very proud of our two little "rascals".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Carsten junior is even nicer than the original!
nice lens and perfect focus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second picture of Constantin is superb Carsten! Oh how I wish I'd had a DSLR when my son was his age Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SAW A hANIKOR (OR SIMILAR brand) lens 135/3,5 or 4. It was very similar shape to your lens.

May be a big brother.

Nice pics and beauty childs.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a good looking young man, Carsten Where did the looks come from? The lens does seem to behave well.

patrickh