Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K-5 - Lost the knob of the lens release button
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Pentax K-5 - Lost the knob of the lens release button Reply with quote

Hi,

after 6 month of use I lost the knob of the lens release button from the K-5.

It is not possible to get this as a spare part. I must send the cam back to the service point, they will dismantle the cam and will mount a complete new release button. It´s the 2nd return within 6 month (first stains problem on the sensor) and as far as I heard from the service point the problem with this knob is a kind of general problem.

The conclusion is, if you are using a Pentax K-5 you will own better a second cam.

Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I have never heard of this type of problem. Interesting! But Pentax will take care of it...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be the weakest part of the K-x too Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to know you have problems with your camera Rolf, and Riku too!
hope you get it sorted out without much pain

When I received my K-x I worried about it's build quality, it looks much less sturdy than my earlier *istDs, I use my camera daily and quite roughly so. The *ist dropped a various times and nothing happened. I had been more careful with my K-x, never dropped it yet, knock on wood Smile

the *ist had developed a fault though, the AF/MF switch doesn't turn to auto focus any more. Well, I had bought it used and used and for some time had used that switch daily. This switch seems a bit rough so, and it's the same switch on the K-x. I can work around, program the menu button to activate AF if I ever would need it. I hope I won't get the lens release button problem, I reckon chances are I won't, I hardly ever use it because I have M42 lenses mounted 90% + of the time