Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No! No! No! [Kenko 1,5x Teleconverter]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: No! No! No! [Kenko 1,5x Teleconverter] Reply with quote

NO!
My m42 adapter somehow ate my Kenko!

Is there anyway to repair the broken off pin as shown in picture, so that it holds up the mechanical work? I don't want to use some halfassed solution that will work for one day.

Pretty please with sugar ontop tell me its fixable.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could probably be brazed back together, which may hold up pretty well.

A better solution would be to fabricate a new part out of sturdy brass sheet.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bugger, I was hoping youd say "There is a superduper megalaser glue that you can use, no need to disassemble it or anything."

Ah well, should get going on getting it lose then. *mumble*

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your problem.

Now, just last weekend my friend bought the Kenko 1.5 converter new (Over £100) He is a Canon D30 user and wanted the converter for his new IS Canon 30-300mm lens.
Results were Rubbish, which surprised me. I tried it myself using AF and MF and a tripod and he was right I couldn't get a decent result. he took the thing back and got a refund (No problem)
All I would like is to know how good/bad you find the converter is.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like teleconverters, I have a good condition Kenko 2X teleplus for Nikon mount, and I think I will sell it, if anyone is interested drop me a line.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
Sorry about your problem.

Now, just last weekend my friend bought the Kenko 1.5 converter new (Over £100) He is a Canon D30 user and wanted the converter for his new IS Canon 30-300mm lens.
Results were Rubbish, which surprised me. I tried it myself using AF and MF and a tripod and he was right I couldn't get a decent result. he took the thing back and got a refund (No problem)
All I would like is to know how good/bad you find the converter is.

I'll let you know when I put it together again. Which might be never *grin*. I took it apart, was very careful to feel for springs etc, couldnt feel a thing.

So i opened it and it acctually sounded "fi-yong" and no less then 16 parts fell out of it. Got it most in place now though, only one spring I cant find a spot for, so it can't be useful Wink.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 1.5 Kenko
Just an hour ago my friend turned up with another Kenko 1.5 converter. The shop had ordered another and said he could test it with no obligation, so we did.
We have just finished looking at the results, my friend is sitting here with me.
They are the same, very poor. There is at least a 50% drop in quality. Images have to be downsized to 1500 pixels for an acceptable level of sharpness. They would look fine/excellent as web size images.
We tried the converter on two AF Canon lens on the Canon D30 and also tried the excellent Tamron SP f5.6 300mm with it, all the same result.
I once had a Vivitar 1.4 converter and the results from that were just about the same but the Vivitar cost me £10.
(I no longer have it. It was Sony/Minolta AF Camera I no longer use)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
Update 1.5 Kenko
Just an hour ago my friend turned up with another Kenko 1.5 converter. The shop had ordered another and said he could test it with no obligation, so we did.
We have just finished looking at the results, my friend is sitting here with me.
They are the same, very poor. There is at least a 50% drop in quality. Images have to be downsized to 1500 pixels for an acceptable level of sharpness. They would look fine/excellent as web size images.
We tried the converter on two AF Canon lens on the Canon D30 and also tried the excellent Tamron SP f5.6 300mm with it, all the same result.
I once had a Vivitar 1.4 converter and the results from that were just about the same but the Vivitar cost me £10.
(I no longer have it. It was Sony/Minolta AF Camera I no longer use)

Well I tried it before, but have no pictures left. I didnt find it really that bad. What version of it is it?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only seen one decent converter so far and that's an original Nikon-TC used by a good friend of mine.
With all the ones I have used, it would have been better to crop the original picture and enlarge with Photoshop...