Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24 in Marburg...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24 in Marburg... Reply with quote

You know, when I am with my wife and daughter in Marburg, I do not have much time to shoot.
But on a day like this, I had to bring my cam.

Which lens would you take for some street shots? I like the original 35mm perspective a lot for the city, thus I mounted the Nikkor-N.C 2.8/24 and did not change it.

All shots between f5.6 and f8, only very basic post-production.

Here are 10 quick shots: (1 to 5)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(6 to 10)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a city ! What a colors!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures, Carsten, my favorite is n.1, I like the elevated point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... you guys are living in a beautiful world...

Here Embarassed Crying or Very sad Confused

And I think we have some people here from Alabama too... Those should post the pics... Cool Twisted Evil
(I dont have guts)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy
Yes Marburg is a very nice place. It's a fine thing to live just 15 minutes away.

My personal fav is #10. I just love this view up the steep hill to the old castle and I like those little shops where half of the stuff is placed on the street.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#6 looks like you shot it with Velvia film! Great captures, every one, and
you are very lucky to have such a place close by.Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful,and a good choice in the lens. Very narrow streets. Love the colors as well. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I saw this old thread way back in 2007, and after trying it for myself when I met Carsten in Marburg a year later, I've had a hankering for a Nikkor 2.8/24. Finally, after all this time, I managed to hook one today, complete with caps and hood, at a manageable price! Wink

Really looking forward to trying it out. It's another new mount for me - now I need to get even more adapters. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Peter!
I'm sure it will serve you well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carsten Smile Can you tell me please, will this lens fit OK on an adapter for AI lenses? I can't seem to find one for non-AI.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Thanks Carsten Smile Can you tell me please, will this lens fit OK on an adapter for AI lenses? I can't seem to find one for non-AI.

Peter, all but a very few of my Nikkor lenses are and were pre-AI and I always used them with the generic Nikkor-Canon adapter no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, adapters for AI and non-AI lenses are the same.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
peterqd wrote:

Peter, all but a very few of my Nikkor lenses are and were pre-AI and I always used them with the generic Nikkor-Canon adapter no problem.

fermy wrote:
Yep, adapters for AI and non-AI lenses are the same.

Thanks very much to both of you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. And an APS-Canon will not have a problem with that lens. Just use the Nikon-EOS-adapter.
On the 5D it might get in the way of the mirror.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series Carsten, must have missed it first time around

@peter you are going to love that lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers!

I took those photos 5 years ago, but Marburg still is that beautiful. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First results with my lens. This small street in London is called a "mews". It's the lane at the back of large houses where, years ago, they kept the horses and carriages. Take away the modern cars and it's hardly changed, even the gas lamp and the cobbles, with central gutter and drain.

NEX-7 at ISO100, lens at f8

For comparison this is taken with the Pentax K 3.5/28. Not a lot different.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Peter. My home town

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to walk through those narrow streets and alleys in London!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou! Carsten, I hesitated to post these pics in your thread about Marburg. There are some lovely narrow streets and alleys there too, from what I briefly saw.

Patrick, you may know this area. This is Drayson Mews, it's just north of Kensington High Street and just west of Kensington Church Street. I was waiting for my wife while she was having here hair done in the hairdressers. It's owned by a friend of ours, and I have to take her up there, all the way into London, every 6 weeks or so. Rolling Eyes What we do for our girls, eh? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the lens, I too have one, I really enjoy it on my 1DIII, less so on my NEX-7
I only have one image online atm, I really liked the lens, Mine had a small squeak when focusing, a tiny amount of lube at the rear where the floating element and rest of the optical bloc move cured the issue.(I can explain in more detail if asked)