Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 300mm ED f4.5 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 300mm ED f4.5 AIS Reply with quote

Nikkor 300mm ED f4.5 AIS any experience ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you planning to buy this lens?
This will be one expensive gadget...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought already I couldn't resist.

Click here to see on Ebay Hopefully I made the right decision. I am telephoto and Nikkor fan.It would be interest to compare with CZJ Sonnar 300mm f4 and Tamron SP 300mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You made a real bargain here, Attila! Congratulations!

Kadlubek's lens catalogue lists this lens at € 704,- (in mint condition)!
And even the "FotoMagazin" used price list (which gives you the price you would get from a shop if you sold your lens) shows € 300,-!

I think you can't go wrong with a Nikkor. Wink

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let we see , I like all Nikkor lens pretty much, till this lens I have two favorite in this focal length Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 300mm f4 and Tamron SP 300mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this lens is high on my list of desirable lenses - I look forward to seeing some pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board! Nice to see you here! I am also so curious , let we see.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For less happy I got this lens with fungus on rear lens. Look at the description Click here to see on Ebay and this pic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are still in time, return it immediately!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do, hopefully paypal will pay back my money I am not sure about that, one times paypal refused to pay me back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller wrote on auction page you have 10 days since end of auction for return, auction ended 30 of June, don't wait for him to write back or anything, send immediately tomorrow the lens back, registered and signed for, so that you have both a piece of paper in your hand, and the post company also a signature to attest he received the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I started claim too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this answer , I don't understand well can you help me ?

Hello attila931
I suggest you relist the item on eBay and I will refund your fees and what it makes below $255 as I do not refund any postage and when it is returned I will ask my local photographic shop to remove what you say is on the back glass and then send it back to you adding the item has not been wrongly described.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Return policy details:

Please Note: Please Note: This item has and within 12 hours of auction ending not receipt a 7 day/100% (10 days outside UK) Returns Policy if it is found to be not as described.

It seems confuse to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a jerk, he suggests you to resell the lens and he offers to pay for the Ebay insertion fees (!!!)
and he also threatens that he will not refund you, but instead he will give the lens to a repair shop to have it cleaned and sent it back to you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this , thanks ! Now more clear ! I thinking on it to give him a negative feedback I am not sure about return. Do you still think best thing if I return immediately ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the other sentence he is maybe trying to stir the waters and make them troubled, but what he wrote on the auction is clear:

For bidding confidence a 100% returns and refunds policy is offered within 7 days (10 days outside UK) of auction ending subject to the item being returned in its identical condition however an item may be offered for auction with a no returns policy and this will be detailed towards the listing end.

This is not listed as no return item, so what he writes FORCES him to do what he says, as it's part of the contract.
He HAS to refund you the money if you return the lens within 10 days since end of auction.

So tomorrow morning you go to post office and make REGISTERED mail to him and also add SIGNED FOR option and if available also postcard receipt.
If you can afford it, it's even better to return via courier (like UPS) because the courier is traceable online from end to end (mail is traceable online only until your national border)

Before you return the lens, make MANY PHOTOS of lens and fungus with your best macro lens.
Make sure you keep the RAW files of the photos that you make.
Make sure to make at least one photograph when you can see at the same time, the fungus, and the serial number of the lens.

Another thing to make it to take a screenshot of the auction page. It should not be editable anymore after a purchase, but you may never know what can happen, so best if you make a screen copy of the auction page, and make sure that ALL the auction page is included, especially the return rules.

OK so you mail back the lens tomorrow as first thing, then in the dispute you have opened, you write everything:

- that he described the lens as fungus free

- that his description is false and the lens has fungus

- that you have photographed the lens in detail and that the photographs are available to Ebay and Paypal officers for inspection

- that you have returned the lens in time with the return policy listed in the auction, and that you have registration proof of it

- that you want the full money refund and that you refuse any other option, including cleaning of lens or partial refunds etc.

- that the seller is obliged to give you full money refund because he himself has set the rule for refund on the auction page, and now he is obliged to comply to his own rules, because your purchase decision was made based on the auction rules that he has written.

Last edited by Orio on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I thought this , thanks ! Now more clear ! I thinking on it to give him a negative feedback I am not sure about return. Do you still think best thing if I return immediately ?

Do NOT give him negative now. Wait until the end of the dispute.

And YES you have to return the lens FIRST THING tomorrow morning!

but before take the photos as I indicated above.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will do thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When after having shipped the lens, you get back home and write on the dispute board, it is important that you clearly state all the points I have mentioned.

This beacuse the Paypal protection works this way: first, they try to make teh seller refund you directly. Only if they can not, they will refund you, but after some time.

So it's a good idea to make very clear for paypal officer taht will analyze your case, all the details that give you the right to receive the refund.

If the paypal officer understand it clearly that you are right, paypal will act strongly on the seller andyou will have more chances to see your money back soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayway after you have started the dispute, the paypal account of the seller is automatically blocked Twisted Evil
So he will also have some pepper up the **** and I think he will collaborate in the end, when he realizes that you know the laws, and that you know that you have the right to claim back the money and not some stupid lens cleaning and reshipping which is NOWHERE written in the auction rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the dispute already Smile