Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2.5/105 AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 2.5/105 AI Reply with quote

I'm utilizing the these rainy autumn days to prepare pages for the lenses I've tested during the summer. The first one is for the 2.5/105 Nikkor on 350D. This lens has got a very good reputation, and I'm happy to say that my copy lives up to it. It is certainly very sharp - the 3+ Mb size of the full-scale JPEGs is a testimony of this. The bokeh is also reasonably good, with some rather minimal CA on the highlights. The contrast is pretty high but not excessively so, at least not with the conversion profile I'm using. To fully appreciate the quality, the photos must be closely inspected at the full resolution - no crop will do justice to them. So, have a look at the photos at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_n105.html

Here are some down-sampled examples:

(the above photo was shot hand-held at 1/60 s, ISO 400)

Veijo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen one sold at 70€ yesterday on a flea market... I had to buy it but haven't then remembered how nice it is so let it ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has long been recognized as one of the best lenses Nikon ever made. It has a large following in the community still, and with good reason. These are great examples of what can be done with it. I especially like the bar scene (but then I always did) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really seems to be an impressive performer!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a copy of this lens, it's as sharp as yours. It's one of the very first manual focus lenses I bought, about 15 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen bad copy from this lens I have latest AIS and pre-ai P.C version both are excellent , but I guess AIS the best one from them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Nikkor-P version for $39 (not a mint copy.. sold as low in rating.. and yes, there is a marlk on the back element... Still not seeing any impact on quality) ... Dont know why I bought, but couldnt stop.. although I have Nikon Series E 100mm f2.5 lens.

First few shots with Nikkor-P are really impressive. Even wide opne, I liked the results.. Will post same latter...

Thanks Veijo for nice write-up...