Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 180mm f2.8 ED AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Nikkor 180mm f2.8 ED AI Reply with quote

Bought this a couple of months ago (?60 because the filter thread had a dent; optically perfect) but, with Christmas and the new camera, I've only had the chance to look at it today.

The lens was bigger than I imagined (I think I wanted something closer to 135mm size but that's impossible!) but I suppose it's still small for a 360mm f2.8 equivalent (on my Olympus E-400).

Was thinking of selling it on to get something different but after seeing my test results, I'm not so sure any more... And it fills a nice gap between my 135mm and my 300mm...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/puplet/2169680361/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this lens is in my wish list. ?60 is a very good price. I love the image, too. Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, like I said many times, this lens is the Olympia Sonnar in the Nikon interpretation. Surely a champ.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this lens for test and re-sell, I still can't .... do it. I love this lens! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lens on my wish list and your shot reminds me why! 60 gbp is a steal!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good price for a superb lens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my sharpest lenses EVER. A joy to use, just a little long on a D200. Incredibly sharp images and sweeet bokeh ! One of Nikons truely classic lenses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Joe! You have nice lenses with a nice cam! We look forward your shoots.Nikkor made fantastic cameras if I will have more money again I will buy a Nikon again I wish to afford a D200.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the great lens. I used with my Nikon D1X. It's give me the good pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What an equipment lists! Khanx , congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Joe - nice list of lenses Smile Smile

Puplet - you have one of the finest lenses made by anyone in your hands. The 180/2,8 is one of those legends that lives up to it, and at a very reasonable price too. You will find it does portraits very beautifully. OOF is creamy.

patrickh