Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New rumour and perhaps no april's fool: a digital KMZ Zenit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: New rumour and perhaps no april's fool: a digital KMZ Zenit Reply with quote

There are more and more rumours that KMZ has plans to develop a new line of Zenits - now for the digital world. There is a news article on zenitcamera.com. This is the site of a subdivision, the former central design bureau (seems like a kind of archive), and not the official KMZ JOINT STOCK COMPANY site. But I think this is not a hoax.

There are some other sites talking about plans of using 4/3 standard and a short register distance - no M42 for sure I think. But this is really a rumour I think.

Nevertheless, as someone infected with soviet gear aquiring syndrome I would buy such a cam immediately if the price is o.k. Very Happy

In russian:
http://www.zenitcamera.com/rec/news-2007-06-04-01.html

babelfish translation:
Digital Zeniths On that taking place on 2 June, 2007, in the general director JOINT STOCK COMPANY KMZ V. zhigulich conference with the participation of leaders and designers is made the decision about the restoration by by Krasnogorsk the plant of fotoapparatostroyeniya and about the release of digital photographic technique. The most real projects, to a certain degree already prepared, this proposal of the creation of the open modular photographic system ("ZENITH -.N1") and the camera of more traditional layout (according to the type of the previous project "ZENITH -408"). Also it is intended to equip with digital "filling" the panoramic "horizons" and observant instruments "zenith FS". Under the data of program there will be chosen corresponding financing from the means of enterprise. Period of experimental design works - prior to the end of 2007.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! We should observe that development!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very interesting!!
But they will better support the M42 else I will not buy their camera.