Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"new" 180/2.8 Nikkor, same old iguana
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: "new" 180/2.8 Nikkor, same old iguana Reply with quote

beat up but not bad for the $$$...100% crop on my 10D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is beyond doubt one of the best lenses ever made by Nikon (or anyone). It is sharp as anything out there, has lovely boke and captures very pleasing colour. Nice nice shots.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: 180 vs 200 Reply with quote

It's a bit heavier than the 200 but the 180 has more DoF, making shots at 20' a bit easier...
stopping down to 5.6 it's still bright enuf to focus on the run...
the only issue I have with MF lenses is the wide range of lit "in focus" LED,
but once I figured where the 'sweet spot' is on each lens I'm ready to squeeze the shutter and get consistent focus results.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent photograph mfkita! The beast is impressively detailed.

Did you know that the Nikkor 180mm is an (excellent) copy of the famous Zeiss Olympia Sonnar?
The most successful lens of all times.

Orio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked one these up last week, the ED version - looking forward to testing it out after seeing your shots!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice for a 100% and your 10D still rock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shoot! I have Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED and Sonnar 180 in all variant. Sonnar is cheaper especially zebra and better Smile or equal.