Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My 135s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: My 135s Reply with quote

Here all the 135mm lenses I got. The Pentacon Objektive is the recent add-on and rare to get it with a box.

Last edited by Krisgage on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when is the Pentacon a Russian lens? Nice lenses though Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. KOMZ Jupiter-37A 3.5/135

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Pentacon Ojektive 2.8/135 Auto MC

My new add-on. It is rare to find a mint condition over here let alone comes the original box ! Its like just bought off from the shop. According to the seller, his father bought this lens during his trip to Germany. I love this lens alot now. Sharp and nice colour rendition.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. KOMZ Jupiter-11 4/135 Chrome

This one of the most difficult to use lens in my collection. Due to Nikon DSLR and M42 mount camera flange distance difference, it cannot focus infinity even my adapter got correcting lens. It works like a prime lens and have move the lens to a workable focusing distance and focus by turning the forcusing knob. It works like a macro lens to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE acquisitions! And thanks for the great images of the lenses themselves. I have a feeling you might like them all, as each of them will possibly have their own characteristics.

Good buy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Since when is the Pentacon a Russian lens? Nice lenses though Wink

Thanks. It is East Germany. Silly me, I took it for Russian as East Germany "rules" that area. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
NICE acquisitions! And thanks for the great images of the lenses themselves. I have a feeling you might like them all, as each of them will possibly have their own characteristics.

Good buy!

Yes. I am loving them now. Thanks. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll not achieve infinity, because it's rangefinder lens and the register distance is almost 20mm different. There is one simple rule for silver CCCP lenses: slim lenses are for rangefinders (macro on DSLR), fat lenses are for SLRs (infinity focus).

As I remember, these silver lenses were manufactured for rangefinders and SLRs:

Jupiter-9 85/2
Jupiter-11 135/4
Industar-22 52/3.5
Industar-50 50/3.5
(SLR Industars are pancake-shaped, rangefinder Industars are many times higher)

only for rangefinders (~macro lens on SLR/DSLR):

Jupiter-3 50/1.5
Jupiter-8 50/2
Jupiter-12 35/2.8

only for SLRs:

Helios-44 58/2
Helios-40 85/1.5
TAIR-11 133/2.8
MIR-1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
You'll not achieve infinity, because it's rangefinder lens and the register distance is almost 20mm different. There is one simple rule for silver CCCP lenses: slim lenses are for rangefinders (macro on DSLR), fat lenses are for SLRs (infinity focus).

As I remember, these silver lenses were manufactured for rangefinders and SLRs:

Jupiter-9 85/2
Jupiter-11 135/4
Industar-22 52/3.5
Industar-50 50/3.5
(SLR Industars are pancake-shaped, rangefinder Industars are many times higher)

only for rangefinders (~macro lens on SLR/DSLR):

Jupiter-3 50/1.5
Jupiter-8 50/2
Jupiter-12 35/2.8

only for SLRs:

Helios-44 58/2
Helios-40 85/1.5
TAIR-11 133/2.8
MIR-1

Hi No

Thanks for the informations. My MIR-1 GP58 do not seem to be sharp wide open and at forcus infinity. Why is it so ? Is it because of the correcting lens of the adapter ? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on version. If you have silver M42 version, it should focus to infinity. If you have silver M39 version with M39-M42 ring mounted on, than this could be the issue. M39 SLR lenses has very slightly different register distance than M42 SLR lenses, so you can focus to tens of meters, but you'll not reach infinity completely. If you need infinity focus, your adapter should be 0.3mm thiner. Good turner can adjust it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Depends on version. If you have silver M42 version, it should focus to infinity. If you have silver M39 version with M39-M42 ring mounted on, than this could be the issue. M39 SLR lenses has very slightly different register distance than M42 SLR lenses, so you can focus to tens of meters, but you'll not reach infinity completely. If you need infinity focus, your adapter should be 0.3mm thiner. Good turner can adjust it.

Oh ok. Thanks for shedding light on my question. By the way, do Alex have better M42 to Nikon adapter ? Thanks.